All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New & dizziness / lightheadedness
      #333959 - 08/04/08 02:57 PM
artimmersion

Reged: 08/04/08

Hello, I am new on here although I have been reading the message boards for a few years.

I was wondering how many of you experience regular dizziness, and whether there is something specific that causes it, or if you've found any solution?

I sometimes work as an art model and it's very hard for me because I get dizzy...
it also happens often in the morning a few hours after waking up, and sometimes when I exercise.

--------------------
food allergies: soy, dairy, peas, lentils...& more
IBS-A
nausea, dizziness, fatigue
when will it end?

http://artimmersion.etsy.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New & dizziness / lightheadedness new
      #333985 - 08/04/08 07:45 PM
Tylene

Have you gone to an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor to see if you have an inner ear problem? Also, a pinch nerve in the neck can do it which a good chiropractor could fix. It could also be dehydration. You might not be drinking enough clear fluids, about 40 - 60 oz per day. Electrolytes maybe out of balance by a bad diet which means drinking fluids won't help much until the electrolytes are balanced. These are only suggestions of possible causes. B12 deficiency can cause this also.

#334003 - 08/05/08 07:54 AM
horsejudge

Reged: 08/05/08
Loc: Long Island, New York

I have vertigo - diagnosed. I can't let water get in my ears and can't lay down flat. The room spins! I take Meclizine when I get my vertigo attacks and sometimes it can last for weeks! Then it seems to go away for a while and come back. I noticed that when the barometric pressure in the air changes I have a problem. Sometimes I feel "wishy washy" and a feeling of "medicine head". It's annoying and unfortunately I have to live with it but if I'm careful I seem to do fine. Good luck.

--------------------
I don't want to do anything I have to do PERFECT the first time!

#334026 - 08/05/08 11:13 AM
artimmersion

Thanks for your responses! I have a doctor appointment on Monday so I will ask her about it.
I drink a lot of fluids, so it shouldn't be that, and I think the last time I got tested I had enough B12... so it could be one of the other things.

--------------------
food allergies: soy, dairy, peas, lentils...& more
IBS-A
nausea, dizziness, fatigue
when will it end?

http://artimmersion.etsy.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4216

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review