All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Running problems
      #332854 - 07/20/08 07:34 AM
paddington

Reged: 06/24/08

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I do quite a bit of running, usually 10ks and half marathons. For the last four weeks I feel like I am being gutted from the inside out. The pain is terrible and i can't eat much. It also means that due to the pain i can't run much either, does anyone else have similar problems as i am getting really depressed about it. If anyone has any helpful suggestions i would be most grateful
Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Running problems new
      #333204 - 07/25/08 09:04 AM
Karen18

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Near Philadelphia, PA

I get that feeling with heartburn. You could try eating small, light, very low-fat meals on running days, and never eating within two hours before a run. You could also try taking Gas-X (simethecone) tablets after a meal to help with gas build-up. You should also check with your doctor to make sure there isn't some reason for the new symptoms.

Re: Running problems new
      #333255 - 07/26/08 09:57 AM
paddington

Thanks, I have tried all that. The Dr's have taken enough blood off to me transfuse and elephant, just have to wait for the results now.
Thanks for replying

could be the heat new
      #334143 - 08/06/08 05:12 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

even if it isn't that hot when you run. The heat wears me out midsummer. Right now I am so loagie. I almost had to go home from work yesterday. It isn't that hot right now but I just go through these spells in the summer. So I just sort of relax and rest and try to make it be as temporary as possible. I can always run on the treadmill if needed.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: could be the heat new
      #334177 - 08/07/08 10:18 AM
paddington

Hi, I live in scotland, it is not that hot, we should be so lucky!!!.The heat does affect my tummy though does anyone else find that? Feel yucky and heavy?

#334474 - 08/12/08 07:39 AM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

Oh yeah!! The heat really screws my stomach up! I feel horrible and nauseous until I get into the AC. Tired and heavy too!

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

#334552 - 08/13/08 10:02 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I live in Sacramento. It's over 100 degrees here right now. I went running last night and could barely do 3 miles before I felt like I was going to die. I feel like I got hit by a truck today! I definitely think the heat plays a huge part in how your body feels. And I'm sure with increased heat you have poorer air quality (at least here...not sure how bad Scotland is, but imagine it can't be too terrible.)

#334867 - 08/19/08 11:03 AM
cooking4six

Reged: 08/19/08
Loc: Southwest, US

I too have terrible reactions to the heat and there plenty of it here in the southwest, US. As a dancer most of my workouts are indoors but just going out of the house to an over heated car can get my stomach going! My stomach gets bad on the two block walk to the pool but calms down after I'm in the water. Besides the heat you should also consider if you're getting dehydrated. Remember to hydrate at least 30 minutes BEFORE you run and sip your way through a long run.
I hope this helps.
Dana

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8779

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review