All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
losing weight
      #327332 - 03/27/08 03:05 PM
kristi123

Reged: 10/13/07

i would like to lose a little weight...i am on the EFI diet and am not sure how to start...any suggestions?

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: losing weight new
      #327360 - 03/27/08 09:33 PM

Unregistered

I'm a firm believer in counting calories. I think it really just comes down to math, and when I'm able to commit to reaching a goal, seeing the numbers keeps me realistic. If I don't count, I'm too tempted to say to myself, "But I'm so HUNGRY so I know my body must need something..." If I'm counting, I know when I've reached my limit.

To make things easier on myself I make a cup of cocoa every day with almond milk and unsweetened cocoa powder. It's about 100 calories, and it makes me less likely to go nuts and binge (emotional eater that I am - a topic for another post, I suppose ).

#327362 - 03/27/08 10:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

that's right.... you have to consume less calories then your body burns. Counting calories is a great way to track that.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#327382 - 03/28/08 09:10 AM
kristi123

Reged: 10/13/07

thank you both for the suggestions...come to think of it, i am definetly an emotional eater, and eat when i'm not even hungry all the time, i'm going to try the cocoa , maybe that will help with my binging/ cravings. I also eat when i'm bored, so come to think of it, this is going to be a hard habit to break.

--------------------
IBS-D

#327394 - 03/28/08 11:37 AM

Unregistered

Don't underestimate just how hard! You can absolutely do it, but don't be too hard on yourself if it's tough. It's like drugs or alcohol. For me, it's really an addiction. Some days are better than others. I do my best to balance realism/math and self-forgiveness. Good luck with it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5530

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review