All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN-ALY
      #325966 - 03/03/08 05:37 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Ok, so I really want to post here! My life has been a bit insane, but starting tomorrow I want to post my food and exercise. As for today, I was pretty good:
***note...this is not all IBS safe***
Special K w/ berries and rice milk
100 calorie pack
Salad from Max & Ermas- Hula Bowl..my fav!
French bread pizza from scratch
Chocolate Sorbet

Exercise...well, I taught 3 hours of play classes for preschoolers. That TOTALLY counts!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN-ALY- 3/6 new
      #326240 - 03/06/08 07:41 PM
Aly

Not a fabulous day, but was busy. Hubby is sick with the flu, so I was taking care of him.
Did my 3 hour teaching play to preschoolers workout. I was thinking about it today...I TOTALLY should make a workout video. We have a little puppet and sing a song about him going up and down... and I do squats during that song. I calculated this today. 10 squats in the song, 12 classes taught...now that's why my legs are so sore!
I came home and did some pilates.
Then I ate 2 thin mints...stupid girl scout cookies...lol. (I tried to justify that peppermint is good for digestion...haha!!)
Otherwise, today was good.
Next week my Mom will be staying with me and we are planning a boot camp with tons of exercise, so I will post that then!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: REPORTING IN-ALY 3/31 new
      #327535 - 03/31/08 10:47 AM
Aly

Finally going to start reporting in after a very stressful month! Not everything is IBS safe, but works for me. Here we go!
7:30am Honey O's cereal with rice milk
morning: 2 cups of water

1:15 1/2 cup pasta with tomato sauce and 2 small turkey meatballs, 1 piece white bread with smart balance

6:30 Smoothie with strawberries and banana, crackers with peanut butter. and probably too many jelly beans for dessert. opps;)

--------------------
IBS-A

Edited by Aly (03/31/08 03:30 PM)

Re: REPORTING IN-ALY 4-3 new
      #327709 - 04/03/08 09:22 AM
Aly

Breakfast: Honey Smacks and Rice Milk
Snack: Pumpkin/choco-chip bread
Lunch: Roast Beef sandwich (not IBS safe, but lean is OK with me, and I am in need of iron!)
Strawberries
Drank 3 cups of water so far and it's only 12:15!
Dinner: Spaghetti with turkey meatballs, coke (not good. oppps)

Snack: (it's in the oven now....) 1 low fat brownie. yum-o!

I also did pilates this evening, so maybe that cancels out the coke...lol

--------------------
IBS-A

Edited by Aly (04/03/08 05:59 PM)

Aly, where did you go? new
      #327908 - 04/07/08 10:05 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Your meals....OMG, I am so envious! Why aren't you doing EFI anymore, anyhow? Your okay eating anything as long as you take align and that's all you take?

I wonder if it was your gallbladder that was the only thing causing all the problems. I just don't get how you are okay with all this now....what changed?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Aly, where did you go? new
      #327911 - 04/07/08 10:36 AM
Aly

boy this comes at a funny time...aka I'm home sick with a belly ache! LOL. I think I got a little too excited with eating. I really do the basics of EFI, with soluble fiber and all, but the align certainly helps. I'm getting back on board today.
The gallbladder certainly made things worse, but I've found that my belly does much better when I'm not stressed. Obviously, fatty fried foods would set me off instantly, but if I eat relatively healthy, stress is my biggest trigger.
Align certainly helps and it says on the box you might be surprised that you're able to handl foods you couldn't before...so maybe that's whats happening.
I do take acacia still. But I'd say the stress management made my belly jump back on track (granted that took YEARS to figure out).
Thanks for thinking of me and I promise, I thought there was no hope a year ago. Actually, exactly one year ago I was miserable as my wedding shower was about to happen and I knew I couldn't eat anything and was worried I'd be spending it all in the bathroom...now I wouldn't have to think twice, so hang in there!!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: REPORTING IN-ALY4-7 new
      #327912 - 04/07/08 10:38 AM
Aly

Cereal with rice milk

Belly ache..blah. Called off work. Slept 2 hours and woke up to spend awhile in the bathroom.

Finally got hungry and ate 1 piece of toast and some baked tostitos...

It's 1:40 and I'm hoping to shower and clean this afternoon....

Dinner: leftover stuffing with zucchini. Flat sprite. Watched my husband eat some yummy pizza...booo for this belly!

--------------------
IBS-A

Edited by Aly (04/07/08 03:37 PM)

#327968 - 04/08/08 09:55 AM
Jordy

Sorry you were sick....are you feeling better?

Quote:

But I'd say the stress management made my belly jump back on track (granted that took YEARS to figure out).

How did you do this?

Quote:

I thought there was no hope a year ago. Actually, exactly one year ago I was miserable as my wedding shower was about to happen and I knew I couldn't eat anything and was worried I'd be spending it all in the bathroom...now I wouldn't have to think twice, so hang in there!!!

Did you make this happen with diet changes or with stress management or what?

I sent you a post on the Eating boards, but I think you missed it before you logged off last time.

Keep the positive attitude! I admire you for that!

--------------------

PS new
      #327974 - 04/08/08 10:13 AM
Jordy

I will stop hijacking your reporting in thread! So sorry!

--------------------

#327982 - 04/08/08 10:38 AM
Aly

HI! No worried about hijacking this thread;) I don't mind! So yes, I'm feeling better today. Not great--I'm beginning to think that changing my BC pill is causing me some nausea. Don't know what else it would be, and this certainly isn't my normal IBS stuff.
as for stress, I wish I could explain it easier. It just took a lot of time and patience. One thing that helped is stopping the "what caused my belly ache" thoughts. Reminding myself this is IBS and it comes without reason actually helped me b/c I was getting so obsessive about food. Not analying every morsel of food certainly helped. I changed my priorities a bit. I don't mind having a messier house or not having the dishes done. I enjoy sitting on the patio or cuddling with my husband. That kind of stress relief was major for me.
For me, I started the EFI diet about 4-5 years ago, so the big change was stress, not diet. I always ate healthy with a good SF base. Now it was a matter of focusing my priorities.
One last thing-- the hardest for me, and I'm still not 100% there, is not getting horribly discouraged when I get an attack. I realized yesterday was the first time I've called off for my belly since I started this job in Aug. That's impressive for me. So, if it's that bad I call off. No guilt. (still not super easy for me) But I am getting better and giving myself the day to recover and move on. Today I went to work and although I'm not great, I am proud to just push on through.
Hope that helps!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9457

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review