All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - ERILYN
      #325800 - 02/29/08 08:47 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

This will be my daily food/exercise/symptom journal, which I will keep adding on to everyday to track my progress. Should have started this ages ago!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thursday, Feb. 28th, 2008 new
      #325801 - 02/29/08 08:50 AM
Erilyn

Got up at 6:30.

Breakfast (7:00am): 1 hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Vanilla Rice Krispies + 1 tbs wheat bran cereal with 1 cup light soy milk. 2 1/2 tsp Acacia.

BM app. 7:10; medium-firm, several pieces, small to moderate volume. Had to go again about 10 minutes later - softer and slightly mushy, but smaller volume.

Snack (10:45 am): 1 carrot pineapple muffin with small amount of margarine.

Lunch: (12:30 pm): turkey sandwich on Save-On white bread, light margarine and Miracle Whip, mustard. Peppermint tea.

Snack (3:45 pm): plain rice cake.

Dinner (5:45 pm): Jane's grilled chicken burger on white sesame seed bun, light Miracle Whip and honey mustard, homemade French Fries (cooking oil and rosemary seasoning) with ketchup. Multivitamin. 1 tbs Acacia. About half hour later, I had 1 mini Cadbury Creme Egg ( ).

Snack (8:30 pm): So Nice Peach soy yogurt.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.

Friday, Feb. 29th, 2008 ~ C new
      #325802 - 02/29/08 08:53 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:40 am.

Breakfast (7:00 am): 1 hard boiled egg white, 1 cup Vanilla Rice Krispies + 1 tbs wheat bran cereal with 1 cup light soy milk, 2 1/2 tsp Acacia.

It is 8:52 am and I have still not had a BM. I feel pretty C right now - for the first time in weeks!

Snack (10:45): carrot pineapple muffin with light margarine. Now 11:30 am and still no BM, and still feel like I have to go.

Lunch (12:30 pm): canned chicken sandwich on Save-On white bread, light Miracle Whip and margarine, mustard. Peppermint tea. Still no BM - tummy is pretty uncomfortable.

Snack (3:10 pm): 6 blanched almonds. Still uncomfortable. On a scale of 1-10 it's about 3.5 - not fun but definately bearable.

Dinner (5:30 pm): Tofu stir fry (rice, tofu, brocolli, Egg Beaters, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika), multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia, 1 mini Cadbury Creme Egg. Did 10 minutes on my stationary bike.

Snack (8:30 pm): about 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple with juice, 1 slice white bread with margarine.

Still no BM. Feeling a little less uncomfortable. Looks like it won't be happening today. So much for my C-free streak.

--------------------

Saturday, March 1, 2008 new
      #325869 - 03/01/08 09:21 AM
Erilyn

Got up 8:50 am.

Had a BM at 9:10 am! Yay! It was very firm (typical of a day after being C), small to moderate volume.

Breakfast (9:30 am) Glass of light soy milk with 2 1/2 tsp Acacia, oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar, 2 slices Save-On white toast with light margarine.

Had another very small BM at 10:10 - fairly soft but very small volume.

Lunch (1:15 pm): ham and avocado sandwich with light miracle whip, margerine, and mustard. Yummy!

Snack (3:30 pm): large graham cracker and 1/2 banana

Dinner (5:15 pm): Lemon Herb Pasta Salad with Chicken, over baby spinach (hope that doesn't come back and bite me!). Multivitamin, and 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on my stationary bike.

Snacks (8:30 pm): So Nice peach soy yogurt. (10:30 pm): 1 large graham cracker. (11:40 pm): 1/2 tsp peanut butter.

--------------------

Sunday, March 2, 2008 new
      #325906 - 03/02/08 10:44 AM
Erilyn

Got up at 9:30 am.

BM at 10:00 - it was firm, small volume, but when I wiped it was really mushy, which doesn't make much sense. There was also red pepper skins in it - okay that would be from the pasta salad last night! I feel fine though.

Breakfast (10:15 am): mushroom omelet made with Egg Beaters, two slices white toast, one with margarine and marmelade, the other with margarine and strawberry jam. 2 1/2 tsp Acacia mixed in a glass of light soy milk.

Lunch (2:15 pm): Cambell's Chunky Split Pea Soup with 3 saltine crackers. One slice Heather's chocolate applesauce cake.

Dinner (5:15 pm): Vegetable Lo Mein, made with celery. Multivitamin and 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on stationary bike.

Snacks (6:50 pm): 1 mini Cadbury Creme Egg. (8:00 pm): Neopolitan soy ice cream.

--------------------

Monday, March 3, 2008 new
      #325943 - 03/03/08 08:32 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:30 am (ugh - Mondays).

BM at about 7:00 am - medium consistency but mushy wipe again. Moderate volume, all one piece.

Breakfast (7:05 am): hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies with about 1 tbs wheat bran cereal, 1 cup light soy milk with 2 3/4 tsp Acacia.

The drive to work was a little dicey this morning. Had that "nervous tummy" feeling so I had to go into my meditative zone during the whole drive. As soon as I got to work I had another BM - very small volume but thin and very soft. The urgency was mild but still - I didn't like it. I think I'll have to lay off the mini Cadbury Creme Eggs for awhile and see what happens. They've been my only real cheat since Christmas.

Snack (11:00 am): slice of Heather's Chocolate Applesauce Cake. Tummy has been slightly crampy/nervous for most of the morning. Not bad, but not great either.

Lunch (12:30 pm): Black forest ham sandwich on Safeway white bread, with light margarine, Miracle Whip, and mustard. Peppermint tea. Tummy seems to be feeling better.

Snack (2:45 pm): 3 blanched almonds. (3:55 pm): 1 plain rice cake.

Dinner (5:45 pm): Orangle glazed salmon (marmelade, soy sauce, ground ginger), rice and peas. Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on bike.

Snacks: tiny piece of dairy free dark chocolate, peach soy yogurt, 1 slice of white bread (end piece) with light margarine.

--------------------

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 (weight and measurements included) new
      #325983 - 03/04/08 08:25 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:35 am. Had a BM about 10 minutes later, started with a hard pebble, but then turned into 100% normal - compact, well-formed, clean wipe - perfect.

Breakfast (7:05 am): hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies with about 1 tbs wheat bran cereal, 1 cup light soy milk with 2 3/4 tsp Acacia.

Snack (10:50 am): slice Heather's chocolate applesauce cake. Mmmm...

Lunch (12:45 pm): California roll with soy sauce. Peppermint tea.

Snack (3:45 pm): Nut and Cranberry Luna bar.

Dinner (6:00 pm): 2 Shneiders low-fat hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, relish on Safeway white bread. Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia.

Snacks: tiny piece of dairy-free dark chocolate. Slice of Heather's chocolate applesauce cake with light margarine.

I actually weighed and measured myself today - weight was 132.5 lbs (which means I've lost 16.5 lbs since starting this diet!), and waist was a surprising 29.5". I can't remember the last time it was below 31. Hips = 39 (no change) and can you believe I forgot to measure my bust . Bailey was eyeing the measuring tape so maybe I got distracted. But my bras feel REALLY generous in the cups so I know I've lost some there, too.

--------------------

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 new
      #326092 - 03/05/08 08:09 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:30 am.

Had a BM about 6:50 am - med-firm, pebbly in various sizes, moderate volume. Went again about 20-25 minutes later, med-soft, very mild urgency, small volume. Thought I'd be nervous driving to work but I wasn't too bad.

Breakfast (7:00 am): hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies with about 1 tbs wheat bran cereal, 1 cup light soy milk with 2 3/4 tsp Acacia.

Snack (10:50 am): slice Heather's chocolate applesauce cake.

Lunch (12:30 pm): Black forest ham sandwich on Safeway white bread, with light margarine, Miracle Whip, and mustard. Peppermint tea.

Snack (3:30 pm): 4 blanched almonds, 1 plain rice cake

Dinner (5:45 pm): organic spaghetti with zuchinni primavera tomato sauce, 1 slice garlic bread (light margarine and minced garlic). Multivitamin and 1 tbs Acacia.

Snacks: 1 banana, about a tsp peanut butter.

--------------------

Thursday, March 6, 2008 new
      #326182 - 03/06/08 08:13 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:35 am. Had a BM right away - firm pebbly pieces, moderate volume, very dark in colour. Barely had time to wash my face and I had to go again - this time was softer, about the same volume but not pebbly, slight orange tinge (last night's spaghetti sauce no doubt).

Breakfast (7:00 am): hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies with about 1 tbs wheat bran cereal, 1 cup light soy milk with 2 3/4 tsp Acacia.

Snack (10:50 am): slice of Heather's chocolate applesauce cake.

Took a Tylenol with codeine at about 11:55 am for a headache. Guess I should record those, too!

Lunch (12:30 pm): Black forest ham sandwich on Safeway white bread, with light margarine, Miracle Whip, and mustard. Peppermint tea.

Snack (4:00 pm): plain rice cake

Dinner (5:50 pm): ground turkey, potato, carrot, rice "stirfry" (also contained garlic, onion, italian seasoning, soy sauce). Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia.

Snacks: tiny piece dairy-free dark chocolate, 1 banana, 1/2 tsp peanut butter. And had a couple of sips of hubby's rum and diet coke.

--------------------

Friday, March 7, 2008
      #326254 - 03/07/08 08:17 AM
Erilyn

Yay, Friday!!! Got up 6:35 am. Had a BM about 6:55 am, med-firm, one piece, small volume. Went again about 20 minutes later, softer, about the same volume.

Snack (11:00 am): slice of Heather's chocolate applesauce cake.

Lunch (12:45 pm): Turkey sub from Mr. Sub (with lettuce, tomato, pickles, mushrooms, onions, and mustard). Walked up there to get it - I almost didn't but it felt SO good to get out and go for that walk (about 4 blocks total there and back). I should do this more often - I'm so darn lazy!

Also had a peppermint tea at 1:50 pm.

Snack (3:50 pm): plain rice cake.

Dinner (5:30 pm): sushi (assorted rolls: california, alaska, spicy tuna, cucumber, pickle). Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia.

Snack (9:00 pm): banana

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 158 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 98806

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review