All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 11/5/07
      #317970 - 11/05/07 10:49 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/5 here....
(i.e. what you ate, be sure to note if NOT IBS safe, exercise, bathroom visits if you need to monitor those, your goals & progress...etc.) You can also just hang around for tips and conversation. Please join us. We can help each other.

This forum offers sane, supportive advice and encouragement for people incorporating IBS concerns with efforts to live a healthier life overall. Weight loss, weight gain, exercise, and workout issues are dealt with here. Though this board has threads that may focus on dieting, for specific IBS diet topics please see the Eating for IBS Diet Board , and the IBS diet guidelines as well.

This board offers a supportive environment specifically focused on fitness and health in conjunction with the IBS diet. Fad diets or weight loss diets that do not respect the guidelines of IBS dietary concerns will not be supported. Posts that do not fall within these guidelines will be removed.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/5/07 new
      #318030 - 11/05/07 07:44 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

Providence was lovely, and I got to spend a lot of time in the car with dear friends I don't see nearly enough. A couple of ginger candies to ward off the car sickness, but other than that I was fine!

2 eggs w/ UFO (It's 1/2 oz goat cheese, in case anyone's curious. I've found that when I'm stable, it's okay for me, and it really makes breakfast more filling.)

UFO beverage w/ 2 oz soy milk
an apple

big big salad: mixed greens, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and grilled portobello mushrooms, with balsamic vinaigrette

20 almonds (good thing I threw these in my bag)

3 packets sugar (in my 2 big *delicious* teas - one was coconut, the other pineapple & papaya - tropical for a wintery treat. I decided the small caloric impact of the sugar was worth the major kick it gives the taste.)

2/3 ish container hummus (the best I could do at the gas station for a snack for the ride home. I figured that although it had less protein, it was a less processed and healthier option than a South Beach Bar, and it didn't bring on a fit of the munchies like the bar would've.)

3/4 c UFO (lactaid cottage cheese, fyi) with 1/2 c pineapple chunks and 2 T wheat germ

That's about 1300 calories, 70g protein and 47% calories from fat. Although the protein's a little low, I'm really proud of the choices I made. In Providence, there's this cafe that makes *amazing* cookies, the size of a dinner plate. A friend bought *1/2* of one, fresh from the oven, and I didn't have even a bite. (Granted, I told her and our other friend to NOT let me have any under any circumstances, but although that felt silly, I think it helped.) Also passed up a sample tray of toffee cookies at Starbucks in the morning. Oddly, I don't even feel like snacking now - glad I got some good protein in at the end of the day, and ready for bed.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#318036 - 11/06/07 05:43 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Breakfast: quinoa flakes, strawberries, slivered almonds

Snack: bag of lays baked chips, Lemon balm and peppermint tea

Lunch: Teriyaki (homemade sauce) chicken with red peppers, carrots, white potato

Snack: 2 pieces dark chocolate (not safe for everyone), applesauce, Spirulina

Dinner: Mango chutney shrimp (from EFI book) with spinach and jasmine rice

Snack: peanut butter amaranth bar (made at home, kinda like a rice crispies bar using puffed amaranth, peanut butter and honey, mixed together and pressed into a bar)

Exercise: I recently bought a little Stepper that I use at home. Did 20 minutes today, then worked shoulders with some free weights and did stretching.

--------------------
Kat

#318049 - 11/06/07 07:44 AM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Hey Kat,

Could you give me the recipe for the amaranth bar? I have been looking for a recipe a lot like that (I eat these peanut butter crispy rice bars all the time made by EnviroKids) and I wanted a cheaper route. Thought I could maybe make them myself, and you sound like you have a recipe. If you don't mind posting the recipe, that would be great!

Thanks,

Kathy

#318051 - 11/06/07 08:07 AM
jaime g

I'd love the teriyaki sauce recipe, too! Thanks!

--------------------
jaime

Re: Teriyaki Sauce and Amaranth Bars new
      #318053 - 11/06/07 08:42 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

The teriyaki sauce is adapted from Heather's EFI book in the recipe for Wok Steamed Teriyaki Salmon.

Teriyaki:
1/4 cup tamari sauce (or regular soy sauce if you want)
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp minced garlic (not powder)
1 tbsp minced ginger (not powder)

Mix it all in a bowl and pour over fish or stir fry.

The amaranth peanut butter bars are not from a recipe really, I just throw it together. I take about 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp honey, mix that and melt in the microwave. Pour over amaranth puffs and toss/turn the amaranth to coat everything evenly. Press it into a bar and let it cool. I'm never sure how much amaranth I use, I just add it bit by bit and add more until it 'looks good'. I have done this without the honey and it was still tasty but didn't really form into a bar. Next time I make this I'll try to put together a better recipe.

I buy amaranth puffs from the health food store, but you can always buy amaranth seed and puff it in a pan on the stove.

--------------------
Kat

#318192 - 11/07/07 06:57 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi,

I'm sorry to jump in like this, but I went to college in Providence and when I read your post I got really nostalgic. My roommates and I used to get those huge cookies all the time from Meeting Street Cafe. If all of us were having a particularly work-filled, stress-filled evening, one of us would just pipe up with "Meeting Street?" and we'd all pile into the closest car and go. But those cookies are huge and usually lasted me at least 3 days...at least that's the way I justified all the calories . Anyway, way to go being strong and not even having a bite, I'm not sure I could have been, hehe.

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#318193 - 11/07/07 07:34 PM
jaime g

Thanks, Julie! I went to college there, too. Even in college Meeting Street cookies were rare for me. But there's still so much delicious on Thayer Street - Tealuxe, and I had lunch at Paragon. And, of course, ways to enjoy being in Providence that aren't centered around eating.

--------------------
jaime

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4918

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review