All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-D
      #312715 - 08/07/07 09:35 AM
msmiths

Reged: 08/07/07

I'm 67 and was diagnosed with IBS last November. Thankfully, I found Heather's website early and the fiber/diet are helping me manage my IBS-D symptoms fairly well. At onset, I had a lot of D so was not surprised when I lost weight. However, I don'thave D trouble more than once every 2-3 weeks now as long as my diet is appropriate and I don't get stressed. I am 5'1" and my weight hovered around 132 in March but has slowly dropped to 122 since then. I feel that I eat a good bit each day, just no fat. Is it typical to have weight loss with IBS-D? As others have indicated, my doctor is not as much help as I'd like.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-D new
      #312721 - 08/07/07 10:11 AM
jewelie

Reged: 08/07/07

did you have to change your diet completely?

--------------------
i guess i have had IBS for awhile now but it is acting up more lately. i have started the acacia and it seems to help with the IBS-D. iwant to be able to eat and go places without having to worry. no one understands my problem.

Re: IBS-D new
      #312798 - 08/08/07 08:51 AM
saraUK

Reged: 07/26/07

my weight fluctuates but i found on Heather's diet that i did lose weight- this is due to the very low fat diet. think about it -you're cutting out any cakes, biscuits, sauces all that have hidden fats in them. I am slim anyway so battle to keep my weight up -protein and lots of carbs (dairy free rice puddings etc) seem to help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1950

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review