All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
buying ibs stuff at a health food store
      #307974 - 05/25/07 07:25 AM

Unregistered

i'm looking for a list of stuff ibs-c people buy at a health food stores so i can call one up and have them ship me stuff. I have on my list cammomile and catnip for making tea, I also wanted to ask about soy protein powder, what brand is very good and safe? any tips for using it and is it really effective? i'm about to start a workout routine now that i'm graduating high school in 2 days, i want to work out 6-7 days a week all the time and get a celebrity bod,lol.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: buying ibs stuff at a health food store new
      #308044 - 05/27/07 04:45 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I get fennel seeds in bulk, anise seed, dried ginger and lemon peel. I use them as a mix for making tea. I like it and so does my stomach. I've never used soy protein powders so I can't help you on that one. I do drink soy milk and find Westsoy (in a self stable box) or Silk light(refridgerated)to be pretty good.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

#308068 - 05/28/07 11:34 PM

Unregistered

Thank you for replying,that is helpful. what does dried ginger and lemon peel do? is the lemon peel ibs safe? do you know anything about rasberry leaves or other tea leaves? do you know other things hfs's carry?

#308593 - 06/05/07 11:55 AM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't replied sooner. Life got busy for a bit. Ginger is good for digestion and lemon is acidic which can help as well. Plus, I just like the taste of the two together. If you're looking for HFS type stuff you should just try googling health foods. There are so many things that stores carry it's hard to list. Plus I eat a wheat free version of the diet so what I buy may not work for you. In the last year I'm finding more and more at my regular grocery so check out any health food sections in the stores.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4195

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review