All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I have gained weight!!!
      #306696 - 05/07/07 05:38 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

When I first went on the EFI I started to lose weight. Slowly but consistently for about 5 months. I guess it was the fact that I was cutting out dairy and candy, and decreased my fat intake that did it. I am also the type of person who easily forgets to eat when I am doing something that has my attention. By Xmas time I had lost about 6 pounds and weighed about 107 pounds. And I really felt enough is enough. I am 5'5 by the way. Since then I have tried to make sure I eat more and have often had a proper meal twice a day rather than just once, i.e. I have traded a sandwich type of "lunch" for left-overs from the dinner the night before. I am also eating a low-fat dessert every day after dinner. And I am trying to drink things like rice or oat milk as much as possible instead of having water in order to increase the energy intake. I have also taken iron pills since I had a deficiency back in January, but my values were normal again in March so I have just now stopped taking the iron supplement (ironic - first I was scared to start taking iron, then I've been scared to stop, but now I have to so I hope things will continue to work well anyway). I'm not sure if that affects the weight in any way but maybe?

Anyway, I just weighed myself this weekend and I am now around 110 pounds! So I have gained something like 3 pounds since Xmas.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I have gained weight!!! new
      #307085 - 05/12/07 07:14 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

That's awesome! To others maybe 3 pounds wouldn't sound like much but I understand completely. I'd love to gain 3 pounds! I hope you keep doing well.

I'm still trying to gain weight, I managed a couple pounds but then got sick with mono. Now I'm well again and going to start gaining weight soon. I agree with a lot of what you said, remembering to eat often, drinking milk alternatives for extra calories, eating dinner-type food for lunch etc. I don't think the iron will affect your weight at all, but having normal iron levels will help you feel better overall so that should help your eating.

Keep us posted on your progress

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review