View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Any runners out there?
      #306494 - 05/03/07 07:31 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi,

I was "officially" diagnosed with IBS-D two months ago. The problem right now I'm facing is that I am an extremely active person. I run daily, and play a sport regularly. I know that running can make diarrhea worse. However, at the same time, my morning runs are not primarily about exercise -- they are more about a stress relief and to get my day started. So, I really don't want to give them up. I was hoping that other people who run could give some advice with this that might help with morning D. I take a dose of acacia right before bed, which helps somewhat, but I still end up having some d some of the times. I'm not looking for a "magic answer," and I know that less strenuous exercise might be it, but I figured I would just put it out there and see the responses I might get from the boards. Thanks so much!

-Julie
IBS-D, GERD, hemorrhoids

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any runners out there? new
      #306627 - 05/05/07 05:14 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Hi Julie,

I am a runner also! It helps with my stress and also makes me feel so much better. I exercise in the moring and then after exercising I take Miralax. The only thing I take before I go to bed is 2 citracel after dinner. When I wake up I am usually able to use the bathroom and then running or working out at the gym relaxes me and my stomach. Sorry that I wasnt able to give you the "magic answer"

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#306648 - 05/06/07 11:50 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi Abby,

No worries about the "magic answer" -- I'm not expecting to find it, lol. By the way, are you the one who lives in Towson, MD? I tried to post on the Baltimore Support group, but it won't recognize my name and password anymore. I live in the city, Mount Vernon area. How long have you lived in Maryland for?

Julie

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#306671 - 05/06/07 05:09 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Hi Julie,
Yes, I am the one that lives in Towson. I have been in this area for 3 years now and before that I went to college in Salisbury. Where in Mt Vernon do you live and for how long? We should get together sometime. If you want to email me on my home account it is...shortie6126@hotmail.com

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2449

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review