All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Coffee question
      #306479 - 05/03/07 02:29 PM
LisaC

Reged: 05/03/07

Does anyone know if organic caffiene-free coffee is okay for IBS suffers? I am a real coffee lover and am willing to give it up to stop the suffering, but I came across this organic coffee from green coffee beans today in the store when buying some tea. Is Chai-tea okay as well? It is a red tea caffiene-free also. I am not a real tea lover, but do like the Chai-tea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Coffee question new
      #306687 - 05/06/07 09:13 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I'm guessing probably not b/c even caffeine free coffee has tannic acid in it I think which can be troublesome for your tummy. Do a search on "Soyfee" which is what I replaced my coffee habit with and love it. soyfee.com

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#306705 - 05/07/07 09:04 AM
LisaC

Reged: 05/03/07

Thanks! I will give it a try. You may have saved my life.

#306714 - 05/07/07 10:17 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I really hope you like it. At first I ordered the regular flavor, then I switched to french vanilla. I use coffee-mate non-dairy creamer in it which I know may not seem totally safe but I can tolerate it and it gives the coffee a creamy taste. Now I get the soyfee from a local HFS...it's cheaper there. If you email the company at soyfee.com, they may call you and tell you what is in your area. I hate tea...I really wished I liked it b/c it sounds so helpful for IBS, but I just can't drink it...even when I have a cold. I tried a few other coffee substitutes but they had a "chickory" flavor, kind of nutty and still reminded me of tea. I warm up my soyfee really hot and put it in a thermal cup to take with me if I'm going to brunch or something out...even dinner. I wish they'd make an instant form. Let me know if you like it.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#307753 - 05/21/07 05:58 PM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Caffix is another good coffee replacement. It is made out of roasted grains. Tastey!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review