All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
OMG I am completely befuddled!
      #300687 - 02/24/07 07:54 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am in quite a quandary right now. I am getting such different views of how to exercise and how to lose weight and why one exercise is going to work and when it doesn't why it doesn't. I have been T tapping over two months and have had no results. The ideas behind it are so opposite of traditional methods and I had almost quit it. Then I read how some really toned people couldn't stay that way after 30 and added tapping and stay so trim now. That kept me going. I also added a t tapp aerobic workout that felt great. But now I am hearing so many people say they haven't lost anything. I wonder if those who lose have done so because they were so inactive before or something. I can hardly exercise more and heck if I can eat less! I received an email from someone who tapped and had no results but went back to traditional exercise and toned up. I was also told I wasn't losing because I was exercising too much. I thought great I will do less- this might be nice, but now I feel doomed to just get fatter! Soon my clothes won't fit anymore and I am just so hungry all the time and have none of the self control I used to! Of course it is a tough time of year.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need to lose 15 pounds to get down to what I was two summers ago. I have thought about weight watchers. I had started running last year. I tried dexatrim natural. I just seem to eat too much. One thing I need to discuss at work is starting earlier and exercising after work instead of before. That way I won't have such extreme hunger all morning. Any suggestions would be great!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OMG I am completely befuddled! new
      #300690 - 02/25/07 03:29 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

Are you lifting weights? Muscle burns more calories at rest than fat. So not only will being muscluar look better but helps you bump up your metabolism. If you don't want to do regular old-fashion weight training, I highly recommend Billy Banks Boot Camp, with the resistance bands. It's basically a kick-boxking work-out with added resistance.

#300717 - 02/25/07 10:12 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I do weight train pretty extensively. I don't know how I could get more muscle under my cellulite. I need to thin down on top of the muscle. I am going to keep up my routine of late until April like I planned and then see. But I decided to try a new diet. I plan on making myself eat more protein and less cals. It is hard because I don't prefer the protein foods but crave carbs. I already cut out wheat and dropped sugar so hopefully something will get my body to burn my fat. It is just hard to have enough gumption to really keep up being so strict. I can always get myself to exercise at least 5 days a week but staying away from calories is so hard! I used to have good self control when I started the Heather diet almost 3 years ago. I dropped 12 pounds. Now I just eat everything I see if I think it won't make me sick.
I am also going to request to start work an hour early and get off an hour early. That way I can exercise after work and not be so hungry. That is the plan anyway.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#305694 - 04/23/07 07:53 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

This may sound totally wacky, but since you've tried everything else, why not this? It's called Emotional Freedom Technique. The Web site is: www.emofree.com. You can possibly find the root cause of why you eat too much and can't lose weight. I'm using it now to try and control my eating. I think it's working. It's an emotional form of accupuncture. There is a Watch Video link on the home page that you should check out.

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2514

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review