All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
hula hoops
      #299023 - 02/05/07 06:42 PM
cacao

Reged: 01/19/07

i was wondering if hula hooping would affect my stomach in a negative way because of ibs or strengthen my stomach muscles like it shoud... does anybody else use hula hoops? the one i use is 5 lb with little balls on the inside hoop... they're called "korean hula hoops"
i want to start exercising to help my C and to lose some weight. i have a treadmill at home, but i cant stay on it long without losing breath quickly, but im trying to gradually build up on it... are there any other exercises that arent too time consuming? like many of you guys my schedule is pretty packed so its hard to find extra time to exercise... thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hula hoops new
      #299031 - 02/06/07 05:00 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

Wow I didnt think of a hula hoop, I'm sure it'll help your stomach muscles. I went and bought an ab lounge to use, it was $100 at walmart but worth the money because my whole family uses it. I haven't had enough time to use it and see an improvement, but I'm sure it'll help. And I'll bet the hula hoop will help too.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#299074 - 02/06/07 08:31 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Hula hoops would be a great idea. Another one is skipping rope, even 10 mins on that is a really intense workout. And cheap too. Don't forget doing some situps.

And I don't think they would affect your IBS in a bad way. IBS-C needs lots of intense exercise to get things moving.

--------------------
Kat

#299146 - 02/06/07 04:31 PM
cacao

Reged: 01/19/07

thanks for the replies hm i might think about getting ab lounge. how is it so far? since developing ibs ive gained 12 lbs in a year and half... from 104 to 116 (5'1-5'2) T_T im mainly C so i keep eating a load of foods and bread for the fiber in addition to some binging because i got pretty depressed. but anyway yeah, i plan on exercising more to help my ibs and lose a few lbs...

#299177 - 02/07/07 06:37 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

the ab lounge is great, i've had it for two weeks and using it every other day I have been able to go from only 2 "crunches" to 30. I'm starting to see a difference now too, its really helping.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review