All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight Gain
      #295465 - 01/07/07 05:13 AM
imij97

Reged: 01/02/07
Loc: Southwick, MA

Hi everyone. I just had a question for everyone. My situation is this about 6 years ago I quit smoking and in the first year after quitting I put on about 50 to 60 pounds. I don't remember having any of these symptoms before I put on all of this weight. Could it be possible that by putting on all of this weight could be the cause of this? Could it be possible to lose the weight and have my symptoms go into remission? Has anyone lost a considerable amount of weight and had their symptoms either disappear or only happen variously.

Thank you,

Jim Nelson

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight Gain new
      #300115 - 02/18/07 06:12 PM
ibssuffererssunite

Reged: 02/18/07

Not necessarily. From my knowledge, certain things can cause IBS to flare up: foods, stress, etc. Weight could have been a trigger, but it may not have been. So, if you do lose the weight, I cannot say for sure that your IBS symptoms will disappear with the weight. However, I do know that if you concentrate on a healthy lifestyle, primarily strict healthy eating habits, you will lose the weight, and thus eliminate IBS attacks. At least, that is what happened with me. I was not obese by any means, but I was overweight. I lost 20-25 lbs. in a matter of weeks. I know that that is not exactly healthy, but I had no choice. I started eating better and the weight just disappeared. Since then, I have been concentrating on consuming fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, low fat meats, and grains. I do not consume anything with yeast, gluten, sugar, wheat, or dairy. Not everyone has intolerances as bad as I do, but if you research books on IBS and yeast intolerances, you will find ideas upon how to decide if you have any of these intolerances. I guarantee that if you have any of these intolerances, and you start to no longer consume these products, you will lose the weight as well as the IBS attacks. I hope this is helpful and I wish you the best at overcoming your IBS!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review