All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WeightWatchers products?
      #295318 - 01/05/07 08:18 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

I attended my first WW meeting today. Are there any of the WW products that are IBS safe? Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WeightWatchers products? new
      #295320 - 01/05/07 08:28 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Try doing a search "Weight Watchers" without limits (all dates & boards)... you can also try searching "WW"....there have been lots of posts about this in the past.

I've never done WW so I can't help you... many say it CAN be done with IBS and others say it was just too hard. The only way to find out is to try it and see how YOU do.

Good luck with whatever you do....and keep us posted.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#295641 - 01/08/07 03:15 PM
kamikat

Quote:

TI've never done WW so I can't help you... many say it CAN be done with IBS and others say it was just too hard. The only way to find out is to try it and see how YOU do.

I don't know why it would be hard to do WW with IBS. You just count the points of the normal foods you eat. It's basically just portion control. I've been following WW for several days and haven't had any trouble staying with Heather's diet.

#295791 - 01/09/07 03:45 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Quote:

TI've never done WW so I can't help you... many say it CAN be done with IBS and others say it was just too hard. The only way to find out is to try it and see how YOU do.

I don't know why it would be hard to do WW with IBS. You just count the points of the normal foods you eat. It's basically just portion control. I've been following WW for several days and haven't had any trouble staying with Heather's diet.

I think many people found it difficult to eat so many soluble foods, such as bread and grains because they are so many points in the WW program.

I am currently doing WW too, but luckily my IBS has been in remission so I have been able to incorporate more veggies (0 points) into my diet than regular IBSers.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#295799 - 01/09/07 04:01 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think many people found it difficult to eat so many soluble foods, such as bread and grains because they are so many points in the WW program.

I am currently doing WW too, but luckily my IBS has been in remission so I have been able to incorporate more veggies (0 points) into my diet than regular IBSers.

Jen:

Would you be willing to share a day for you on WW and put a disclamer that you are currently stable. If not, no biggy.... I've thought may times about trying WW, but I'm too chicken! Do you go to the meetings and everything or are you just doing it online?

--------------------

#295802 - 01/09/07 04:08 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Jen:

Would you be willing to share a day for you on WW and put a disclamer that you are currently stable. If not, no biggy.... I've thought may times about trying WW, but I'm too chicken! Do you go to the meetings and everything or are you just doing it online?

For you? Anything! I do it online now, but used to do the meetings a couple months ago.

I just started back up again yesterday so I don't have a typical day yet. I wanted to wait until after the holidays and my anniversary to start back up.

And just for you, I'll email you my login and password, and you can take a looksie to see how it works.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#295811 - 01/09/07 04:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Jen:

For you? Anything! I do it online now, but used to do the meetings a couple months ago.

I just started back up again yesterday so I don't have a typical day yet. I wanted to wait until after the holidays and my anniversary to start back up.

And just for you, I'll email you my login and password, and you can take a looksie to see how it works.

Oh, sweet babycakes!! I'll look for your email

--------------------

#295928 - 01/10/07 01:20 PM
kamikat

Quote:

I haven't been able to incorporate more veggies, but I've been somewhat satisifed (although still kinda hungry) counting the points for a mostly SF diet. I think for me, it's been mostly portion control. Before, I was eating alot and had gained weight since starting Heather's diet. The points and measures portions really opened my eyes to how much I was eating.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4190

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review