All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 12/4/06
      #292457 - 12/04/06 02:15 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/4 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/4/06 new
      #292481 - 12/04/06 07:26 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

breakfast: Corn Pops, soy milk
snack: cup pears
lunch: from Panera -- cup chicken noodle soup (safe except for yolk in noodles, possible MSG), 1/2 turkey on sourdough w/ lettuce, mustard, lite mayo
dinner: peanut butter crackers, Corn Chex w/ rice milk
snack: 2 UFOs (to chase away the Questran blues ... oranges ... whatever)
liquids: water-not-enough, tea

Somehow I'm losing weight ... all my dress pants have become baggy clown pants. Today it was so bad I ended up having to roll up the waistband, tuck it inside the top of my pantyhose, and constantly tug down at my sweater to cover the mess. It is so disheartening to feel like Lumpy Elephant Lady instead of Sexy Career Girl. I am wearing jeans instead tomorrow. They've sunk down a lot lower on my hips, meaning I will be tripping over the hems, but at least I won't have strange unsightly bulges round my waist.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#292494 - 12/05/06 01:03 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Breakfast -
brown sugar oatmeal
water

Lunch -
soy burger
baked tostitos
water

Dinner -
Amy's tofu veggie lasagna
french bread
water

Snacks -
safe s'mores

I can relate to the baggy pants problem! I have lost just over 40 pounds since starting the EFI diet at the beginning of the year. I've gone from a large size 16 to a size 10

Of course, I wasn't smiling the whole time, though. I had to just make do with the clothes I had (and the old "skinny clothes" from the back of the closet), and constantly tugging on baggy frumpy clothes got old very fast. I found some great deals at a local consignment store where I got several pairs of name brand jeans and slacks for less than $10 each. I could not afford to buy an entirely new wardrobe, which is exactly what I need. I have been getting things on sale, at consignment stores, and on ebay. Yesterday I went to Victoria's to get fitted for a new bra (it's been a long time!). I've gone down 2 band sizes and 1 cup size since this time last year. I bought one at the store with a gift card, and I am buying a couple more on ebay (half price or less for new bras!).

Try not to get too frustrated with the baggy clothes. It's a temporary problem. I'm still losing a little, but not like I was at first. Just do what you can to make do until your weight balances out and then try to find some great deals on some new skinny clothes!

Jen new
      #292514 - 12/05/06 08:09 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm not surprised you're losing weight - it might be an interesting exercise to actually do a calorie count for a day of what you eat. It really doesn't look like much to me, either.

As for your jeans (I know it's too late for today), you could roll up the cuffs and wear white sox and either penny loafers (50s retro look) or black short heels (70s/80s female rock star look).

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#292516 - 12/05/06 08:10 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm just going to plead the Fifth today.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2409

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review