All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 11/28/06
      #291647 - 11/28/06 12:35 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/28 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/28/06 new
      #291694 - 11/28/06 06:05 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Today was a weird day, I got invited to a party so didn't want to eat too much.

Breakfast: 2 Luna bars

Lunch: Homemade bread

Went to the party. There was nothing there that I would consider even remotely safe. I still haven't really found a good way to explain to people why I don't eat at gatherings, so I just smile a lot.

All you emetophobes out there will appreciate this:
At one point the hostess of this party explains that she is feeling a bit under the weather because her daughter has a stomach bug. I had to restrain myself from running out of the room right then. Of course now I am afraid I may have caught it. Ah well, too late to worry over it I suppose.

So I came home and ate a box of Quorn nuggets to keep my strength up. I tell myself that I'll be able to fight off the illness that way.

Snack later: rice dream pies

Laura

#291707 - 11/28/06 07:47 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

icky day today.

breakfast: two light spice muffins
snack: light spice muffin
lunch: homemade chicken noodle soup, cup pears
snack: banana
dinner: two mini pieces French bread, two mini turkey burgers
dessert: about a teaspoon (measuring) RF PB

I went grocery-shopping after work and I'm proud to say that I did not buy anything bad. (Which is why I had to have the PB for dessert.)

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Laura new
      #291708 - 11/28/06 07:49 PM
jen1013

Your diet sounds way more interesting than mine. What kind of bread do you make? And is Amy's soy mac'n'cheese really any good?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#291769 - 11/29/06 06:52 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paintbrush. - Dawn French

Phase 4, Day 5
Score: 18 - Good

No exercises today.

The scoring ranges for Phase 4 are:
0: Excellent!
1-21: Good
22-39: Fair
40+: Start Again

Here is the general explanation of the behavioral modification approach I'm using.

What I ate:

Pre-Breakfast:
Mug of decaf Constant Comment tea with generous teaspoon of honey
1/2 cup applesauce with 1 teaspoon Acacia

Breakfast:
2 wee Cinnamon Rolls
Hard-boiled egg white
Mug of decaf Constant Comment tea with generous teaspoon of honey
One-A-Day Essential MultiVitamin; 500mcg Vitamin B12

AM Snack: I missed this

Lunch:
Fried egg sandwich (1 slice of No Knead Bread, 1 egg white fried in a little Smart Balance Light, a little reduced fat mayo, 1 lettuce leaf)
Guiltless Gourmet Tortilla Chips
Tostitos Mild Salsa
Iced tea made with Twining's Sunset Rose Herbal Tea with sugar
500mg calcium from Tums; 200IU Vitamin D

PM Snack: I missed this

Dinner:
Pepperoni Pizza: Pillsbury Pizza Dough, Boboli Sauce (may contain HFCS), Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
Small green salad (this may NOT be IBS-safe for everyone): lettuce, deseeded cucumbers, green onions, broccoli, radishes, tomatoes, mushrooms
Oil and vinegar based dressing (this may NOT be IBS-safe for everyone)
500mg calcium from Tums; 500mcg Vitamin B12

Evening snack:
Sleepytime Tea with 2 sugar lumps
1 Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grasshopper Cookie (may NOT be IBS-safe for everyone; these are high in fat and they contain a little whey but I have no trouble with just one of them)

I got 6 additional teaspoons of Acacia throughout the day, for a total of 7 teaspoons of Acacia.
I got 68 ounces of fluid which is good although I'd like to get more.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#291804 - 11/29/06 09:46 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Breakfast -
brown sugar oatmeal
water

Lunch -
soy burger on bun w/sprinkle of fat free cheese
baked tostitos
water

Dinner -
teriyaki chicken & veggie stir-fry
white rice
water

Snacks -
pretzels
safe s'mores

recipe? new
      #291824 - 11/29/06 12:16 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Hi Julie...just wondering if you had a recipe for the teryaki chicken with veggies? Any ideas would be appreciated. I still want to make your veggie soup with chickpeas! Was suppose to do that over the long holiday weekend. I find it hard to cook during the work week!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: recipe? new
      #291872 - 11/29/06 03:40 PM
Julie E

Here you go... Teriyaki Chicken stir-fry

The thing I love about the soup is that it's super easy. The hardest part is chopping the veggies. If you have a food processor, that's even easier. All you have to do after that is throw everything in the pot and stir occasionally until it's done.

Re: Laura new
      #291888 - 11/29/06 04:43 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Jen,

Funny you should say my diet sounds interesting because I always think yours sounds more interesting than mine. I think I should try more muffins or cinnamon rolls. I also wonder if I should incorporate chicken (even though I don't usually eat meat) - for more energy.

As for the bread, we are currently using a Breadman Bread machine. We use the basic recipe that is very safe (no milk). It is not the best bread in the world, but it couldn't be easier and we make fresh everyday. I would like to try actually making bread the old fashioned way(kneading by hand), but haven't done it yet.

Amy's soy mac is a staple of mine because it is fast and very filling. My daughter also loves it. The soy cheese will never quite match the consistency and flavor of the real thing, but I have gotten so used to it that it tastes good to me. That's probably because I am usually starving by the time I get a chance to eat. It is more sticky than creamy. They come in single serving boxes so it might be worth trying one because it's not like you would have lots left over to throw away if you didn't like it. My husband has taken to buying Amy's soy mac and rice dream pies by the case. We just call Wild Oats and place our order. They give us a discount when we buy this way and it's pretty quick because they have three trucks per week delivering to their store.

Well, that was probably more than you wanted to know. I was curoius as to whether or not you still follow the EFI diet. I know you don't officially have IBS, but with your other problems, do you still find Heather's approach helpful? Good luck with the Questran. My mother had lots of trouble after her gallbladder removal as well. It's like it solved some problems for her only to create others. We didn't know about Questran, but I have a feeling it may have been the answer for her and I hope it is for you!

Laura

#291914 - 11/29/06 06:01 PM
Jordy

Thank you so much! I still am too chicken to try broccoli. Maybe I'll get brave one day.

Do you have a food processor? I don't. If you don't, how long does the soup usually take you?

--------------------

Re: Laura new
      #291923 - 11/29/06 06:49 PM
jen1013

I think you'd get pretty bored with my diet. I eat a lot of starch mainly -- I'm trying to get better about adding protein and fruits/veggies, but not doing so good. I do recommend muffins, though -- you can make a lot of different varieties so that you don't get bored, they're quick to make, they freeze well, and you can eat them on the go.

I asked for a bread machine as a wedding gift but I hated it -- the bread never turned out. I actually wonder if it might have been defective. I used to make old-fashioned homemade bread all the time, but ever since my autoimmune symptoms flared up, I really haven't been able to handle kneading bread -- my fingers are too stiff and creaky and painful. My stand mixer has a bread hook, but I don't like the way the bread turns out when it's kneaded by that. Sand posted a no-knead bread recipe on the recipe board the other day, and I plan on trying it one of these days. Maybe you should take a look at that -- it looks really easy.

I do still follow Heather's diet. I also follow the interstitial cystitis diet. I've also been eating very low-fat (around 10-15%) the last couple months because of my gallbladder. I'm not sure how helpful exactly the IBS diet is. I know that eating lots of starchy stuff is helpful, and I know that I can't handle much fat because of the GB thing, but I'm not sure what else I'm really bothered by. I won't try going off Heather's diet unless I can get the D under control -- whether the Questran does help or if I just need to be more patient. My gallbladder was taken out about two months ago and I had endometriosis removed from my colon (which I guess they had to take off like some outer layer of skin or tissue or something of it) in early August, so maybe I just need longer to recover. Anyway. We'll see how it goes!

--------------------
jen

#291929 - 11/29/06 07:21 PM
Julie E

I do, but it's brand new. I'm a pretty fast chopper (not like Rachael Ray, but fast for me...), so it really doesn't take too terribly long. I'd say most of my meals can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, although this one has to cook a little longer.

The soup new
      #291930 - 11/29/06 07:23 PM
Jordy

how many servings does it usually make? Have you ever frozen it.

Enjoy your new "toy"! Your recipes always sound so good to me!

--------------------

Re: The soup new
      #291948 - 11/29/06 11:06 PM
Julie E

Hmm, I'm not sure... I'd say somewhere around 6-8 medium bowls? There is usually enough to feed my husband and I two or three meals and maybe have a little left over. I have frozen it before, and it did fine.

food processor new
      #292187 - 12/01/06 06:10 PM
Jordy

How many cups is your food processor? I think I need one...but it's just me I'm cooking for. I can't find any smaller than 7 cups. Maybe that isn't too big?

--------------------

Re: food processor new
      #292204 - 12/01/06 10:55 PM
Julie E

I have this one. It's 14 cups... bigger than you may need, but I wanted to be able to do some big jobs with it.

I can usually do the carrots and zucchini in one batch, the potatoes on their own, and tomatoes on their own (due to the liquid). It isn't stuffed full with any of these 3 batches, but you would probably have to do more than one batch of tomatoes if you're using a smaller size because the liquid would overflow when it's on.

What a great price!!!!!!!!!! new
      #292254 - 12/02/06 10:16 AM
Jordy

I was looking through the sale adds last night, and the 7 cup one was about 200 dollars. Geez. I forget about amazon! Thanks again!

--------------------

Re: What a great price!!!!!!!!!! new
      #292307 - 12/02/06 11:55 PM
Julie E

I got mine for 30 something because our JC Penney closed the location near us and moved. They had everything on sale, and I snatched up the last one. I've seen them at Walmart, too.

You can, of course, spend more and get one with maybe better features or something. This one had everything I needed, though, and I loved the price!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8927

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review