All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Trying to lose weight
      #289402 - 11/08/06 02:58 PM
Brittni23

Reged: 11/08/06

Ok so I have been living with ibs for my entire life. Unfortunately I was not diagnosed until last year. So I have had to suffer with this forever. I started gaining weight. But mainly just in the mid section. Which I know is another symptom of this. I was wondering if anyone knows of any information that will help me lose this stuborn belly fat. Im currently dieting and exercising but not seeing any results. please any help is apprieciated

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Trying to lose weight- "The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution" new
      #289412 - 11/08/06 06:28 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

There's this exercise called "The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution" that you only have to do 30 minutes a week (I do it every 4 to 5 days, though). It extremely hard, because it's a slow-motion exercise, but the results are amazing! It's by Fredrick Hahn, Michael R. Eades, and Mary Dan Eades.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#289453 - 11/09/06 08:16 AM
Brittni23

Reged: 11/08/06

what is it? I tried looking it up and all I get is books.

#289466 - 11/09/06 09:20 AM
DivineDivaD

Reged: 10/30/06
Loc: New Hampshire

I'm interested also.... I have been yo-yoing up and down forever and I'm plain sick of it. It's hard to break meals up into small ones all day. I dont always have time. And its hard to eat small - I always think I am but I'm really not. I am very interested in this exercise. My belly is the most stubborn area I can't seam to lose.

--------------------
IBS-C with chronic heartburn

#289468 - 11/09/06 09:30 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Well, for diet, there are some choices that could help. If you are following Heather's diet and not losing weight, then maybe try looking at what you are eating. What is your main source of SF? If it's bread and potatoes, that's not the best choice for losing weight. Have a look at this post. I just gave a list of different SF sources that are healthier (less sugar, less cals/fat).

Eating more protein will help you feel less hungry and less likely to overeat during the day. Also see that post for ideas on protein sources.

As for exercise, I'm not familiar with the slow burn thing, but honestly there is no quick fix. You have to put in the effort and exercise a lot. Change up the exercises you do, since your body will adjust to an exercise and it won't be as effective. If you have a gym membership, try rotating between the bike(upright), treadmill, stair master and elliptical. Also incorporate weight-training (including ab workouts) which helps keep your metabolism up, and give a better shape.

And just one more thing I want to add: Drink water! Try to drink water throughout the day, not just when exercising.

--------------------
Kat

#289477 - 11/09/06 10:06 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

GREAT advise Kat!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#289480 - 11/09/06 10:09 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

There's this exercise called "The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution" that you only have to do 30 minutes a week (I do it every 4 to 5 days, though). It extremely hard, because it's a slow-motion exercise, but the results are amazing! It's by Fredrick Hahn, Michael R. Eades, and Mary Dan Eades.

For those of you interested in this book... you can see it HERE if you look down on the page you can also see 100's of reviews by people who have bought it.

GOOD LUCK!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#289605 - 11/10/06 08:30 AM
DivineDivaD

Reged: 10/30/06
Loc: New Hampshire

I am not losing weight - in fact I gained 5 lbs. But I think in part because I am completetly confused right now and being so confused I let myself eat too much of SF's. When I found out I could eat white bread and potatoes again... I almost did a cartwheel. But obviously I went overboard. I am still trying to get a grasp on how to eat, what to eat, when to eat and how much to eat. So I am feeling really out of sorts right now.

--------------------
IBS-C with chronic heartburn

#289735 - 11/11/06 12:38 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

My aunt did this and she agreed - that it is very hard (a lot harder than it looks!) and she thinks it probably does produce pretty good results. Having said that, though, she also does other kinds of exercise and that is just one of the things she mixes into her exercise routine.
Personally, if I were to do anything for only 30 minutes a week I know it would not be enough to see any significant changes - maybe if you are already near where you want to be and just want a little extra boost or something?

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5556

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review