All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: HELP! new
      #308682 - 06/06/07 01:22 PM
santino75

Reged: 05/30/07

Hey im sorry you dont feel so hot right now, i can only imagine what youre going through. Ive read some of the replies you got and theres some quality advice in there. I think there are a few reasons youre having such trouble with your stomach:

- you quite possibly have a parasitic infection in your stomach and as a result unfriendly bacteria out number friendly bacteria.

- Stress. I dont know what came first the chicken or the egg, or in your case the digestive problems or the stress. Either way a viscous circle has developed were you have digestive problems which casue you to be stressed which cause more digestive problems.

- Wheat, gluten, dairy, caffeine. Even though you dont have an allergy to wheat it deosnt mean that its not causing you problems. Over the course of 23yrs you may have just eaten too much bread, pasta or whatever. Your body just cant handle this.

- Social isolation. As a result of your condition you've cut yourself off from friends

Look I know a lot of people have benefited from the eating for ibs diet and thats great.......but obviously it aint helping you and your situation. I think first and foremost cut out the wheat and anything contianing gluten. Do this for 6 wks. Get out and about. Dont sit at home all day thinking about how bad you feel becasue you'll just feel worse. Go for a walk. Do soem stretching(especially of the stomach area). But do something physical. The human body was designed for movement so do whats natural.
Get probiotics into you. Dr udo's super 8's are quality.......sorry about this but i have to go now, but i'll finish this post tommorrow or friday. In the meantime get your hands on a copy of "Improve your digestion" by patrick holford. Like i said, i know a lot of people have gotten results from the eating for ibs diet book, but its more of a treatmnet than a cure. "improve your digestion" is a cure, thats whay its so good. Ok i gotta go. If you need to contact me heres my e-mail: jethrofloyd@hotmail.com
Good luck

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#308792 - 06/08/07 08:12 AM
Mrs. Kristina

Reged: 05/21/07
Loc: Oklahoma

Hi! Just wondering if you have talked to your OBGYN. I once had similar problems. I had constant pain in my lower tummy, constipation, gas and the smell was horrible. I tried everything. I like you was embarrased to be around anyone because the smell was so bad. I ended up pregnant and therefore mentioned it to my OB they tested me and I had a bacterial infection. I was perscribed meds to take and it was gone within a week. This may be totally different, but worth a try. I hope that things get better I totally understant what you are going through.

--------------------
Kristina

#308813 - 06/08/07 04:18 PM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. I'm veggie as well, so good for you! Most important is to continue down the path of tests. You should read the colonoscopy prep that's under the Chron's message board. I just had mine yesterday and the advice was priceless, especially about having hard candies in your mouth while drinking the yucky stuff. My only question is do you still have dairy? I had horrible gas and smell (to the point of having air freshener with me almost all the time. My stupid GI doctor never put the symptoms together despite the fact that I was textbook. I eliminated dairy (Lactaid milk and other lactose-free products) and the change was incredible and noticed in a few days. They also recommend elminating dairy as possible trigger for IBS. I seem to be able to tolerate some. Best of luck to you.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8694

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review