All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
About pulse watches - probably a slightly neurotic question ;)
      #283150 - 09/20/06 08:50 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I'm wondering if any of you out there use a pulse watch during exercise and if so if you've had any bad experiences with it. It's probably a ridiculous question, but since the guts are so sensitive when you have IBS I just want to be sure the signals sent out by the pulse band can't in any way affect the bowels. (I know, I'm slightly neurotic. But hey, if you wonder it's better to ask and then put it behind you.) I've only tried using my pulse watch once and I really found it uncomfortable. I had to make the elastic band as short as possible to keep the band from sliding down and when I had got it to stay in place it just felt like it made it hard to breathe properly since it's hard for the chest to expand properly when you wear the tight pulse band. Can this affect the IBS? Or can I keep using the pulse band as long as I can take that it's uncomfortable?

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: About pulse watches - probably a slightly neurotic question ;) new
      #283154 - 09/20/06 09:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I wear mine ALL THE TIME...even when I go on slower walks. I put my strap on frist, right under the breast and then put my sports bra on OVER the strap.... the bra helps to hold it in place so it does not need to be so tight. If feels tighter when I first put it on...but I adjust to the feeling in just a few minutes.... it does not stop me from working out nor does it effect my IBS.

Hope this helps......

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: About pulse watches - probably a slightly neurotic question ;) new
      #283166 - 09/20/06 10:03 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Thanks Shell! I think it could help me too. I'd like to do some cardiovascular exercise and I think the pulse watch could help me with that. I'm an all-or-nothing type of person and always feel like I really need to strain myself to get results but I think since I'm not exactly in the best shape I could take it easy to begin with. I want to stick with walking fast as much as possible since I'm scared that more hardcore workouts like spinning et.c. might risk to make my IBS worse.

Again, thanks for your reply!

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1862

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review