All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Excersise?!?
      #280972 - 09/05/06 07:51 PM
raws55

Reged: 09/03/06
Loc: Holbrook, Ma

Is there any certain kind of excersise I should lean toward or away from? I have also noticed a theme of people trying to gain weight. I IBS also linked to being over weight?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Excersise?!? new
      #281006 - 09/06/06 08:09 AM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

Hey,

Can't answer your question about specific exercises that are best (or worse) for you. Hopefully someone else can answer that part.

However, I will comment on your observation that lots of folks on here talk about GAINING weight. Because food can trigger an attack, or just make you feel crappy, there are some of us that struggle to eat enough to maintain a healthy weight. i.e. I lost 15 pounds in one month 'cause I just didn't want to eat anything solid. 'Cause it caused so much discomfort afterwards (or had the potential to cause discomfort). Some folks are right at the point of being UNDERweight. So if you see talk about ways to GAIN weight on the EFI diet, that's where it's probably coming from.

As for whether IBS is directly linked to obesity or just being overweight, I don't know. Haven't heard that, but you could check out the "IBS Research Library" posts to see what you can find.

~ e.

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

#281198 - 09/07/06 12:03 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

People with IBS run the same gamut of weight problems that people without IBS do - some are trying to lose, some are trying to gain, and everything in between.

In general there really anything about the physiology of IBS that would cause you to lose or gain weight. The only thing you might notice is that *some* people with IBS, when they get really really bad (usually before finding this diet), find it difficult to eat much of anything, and therefore lose a lot of weight, often very unhealthily. If that's not you, consider yourself lucky!

As I said, some people with IBS are overweight (just as some are at healthy weights and some are underweight), but there really isn't anything, as far as I know, that links being at any particularly weight and having IBS.

There are no excercises that are specific for IBS or better or worse for it -- well, all forms of exercise are good for IBS in general (staying active etc.). Just do whatever you like best!

#281946 - 09/13/06 04:48 AM
desiree

Reged: 09/12/06
Loc: NY State

How is being a vegan working out with you IBS?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2149

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review