All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help grtting started please
      #275667 - 07/25/06 08:03 PM
thomasl

Reged: 07/22/06

I am new to this board I have had IBS for about 12 years. I need to loose about 50 lbs. Can't eat diet food like most people saled gives me D. IBS is a tough problem for anyone but you should try being a man with it you don't fit anywhere. Sorry I am having a hard time right now I need some help. Anyway If I get the book eating for IBS and go by the diet it will I loose weight? Or will I have to change some things to get the weight off?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help grtting started please new
      #275935 - 07/27/06 03:54 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Sorry if I'm not much help in losing weight, I'm trying to gain. But really it's all down to how many calories you consume. If you can, do a count of how many calories you consume on your regular diet, maybe you are in fact eating a lot. Heather's diet is low in fat and calories so it could help. Another thing to try is a fiber supplement since this can help you get more soluble fiber without having to eat a lot of bread, rice, etc.

Kat

--------------------
Kat

Re: Help grtting started please new
      #275954 - 07/27/06 06:07 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Welcome! I recommend getting the book and following the guidelines...Heather's recipes and food suggestions are all fairly low-calorie, and I would actually think it would be easier to lose weight for a man on the EFI diet, because of the different ways in which males and females utilize carbohydrates and fat...just make sure you're getting enough protein, and some good exercise...good luck!

--------------------
Julia

Yes, you will lose weight ... new
      #276034 - 07/28/06 07:44 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

when I started to follow the diet outlined in Heather's books I lost 15 pounds without trying to. Just eating better and taking time to prepare and eat the right foods, and smaller portions was all I needed.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2522

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review