All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 7/20/06
      #274936 - 07/20/06 07:12 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/20 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/20/06 new
      #275077 - 07/20/06 05:31 PM
ocafe

Reged: 09/06/03
Loc: Miami, Florida

TOTAL CALORIES TODAY: 1429
220 UNDER MY MINIMUM, NOT BAD, I GUESS

I was cut short of my walk because of an attack. I almost didn't make it to the grocery store close to the park. Sometimes foods are triggers and sometimes the same foods don't do anything. I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. I'm thinking my trigger was the eggs. I need to eliminate them from my diet again.

BREAKFAST - 293 calories:
UFO - 17 cal
2 cinnoman toast - 276 cal

Red Bull - 110 cal

LUNCH - 424 calories:
oven fries - 240 cal
2 eggs - 184 cal

SNACK - 120 calories
baked lays - 120 cal

EXERCISE - 15 minutes brisk walking

DINNER - 514 calories
oven fries - 120 cal
2 eggs - 183 cal
strawberries - 91
ufo - 120

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!
18 more to reach my short term goal!

#275138 - 07/21/06 09:07 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Hi,
Good job on keeping track of your diet and making changes. Just wanted to say that yeah, eggs are a real trigger, but try just cutting out the yolk and still getting egg whites. Also just wanted to say, Red Bull is probably just as bad since carbonated water and caffeine are triggers too.

I usually post my diet and exercise on here too, will get back to that on Monday. (Just taking a few days off)

Ttyl, Kat

--------------------
Kat

#275158 - 07/21/06 11:51 AM
ocafe

Reged: 09/06/03
Loc: Miami, Florida

I have been drinking Red Bull to give me energy. I am enemic & have not found iron to do enough. Since drinking coffee triggers an attack almost immediately, I have tried Red Bull. Do you have any other energy boosting ideas? Have a nice weekend.

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!
18 more to reach my short term goal!

#275161 - 07/21/06 12:36 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

For energy I use Luna Bars as a protein bar before exercising. There's lots of posts about luna bars on the Eating for IBS Diet Board. Lots of energy, vitamins and minerals, and much safer than an energy drink.

There are people who make protein shakes with a powder and soy milk. Some drink Gatorade and find that ok. I find it helps to drink soy milk and have fortified cereals in the morning.

Hopefully others will have some ideas too.
Goodluck,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#275215 - 07/22/06 08:45 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i'm surprised the red bull doesn't give you attacks - maybe it was that rather than the eggs? when i had to go off coffee i just waited the withdrawal out, and now i don't need it for the kick. yeah, sometimes i'm tired, but that's natural. if you eat well and exercize, and get a decent amount of sleep, you should be okay. and separate from ibs, if iron isn't helping your anemia, i'd talk to your doctor rather than just covering up the problem with red bull.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#275226 - 07/22/06 12:19 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
Just wanted to pop in and say I agree with what the others have said - when I read that you'd had Red Bull _and_ eggs, my stomach felt rubmly just thinking about it!
I totally agree with what the others said about finding another way to deal with the lack of energy/anemia problems because although there is a lot that is unsure about IBS, one *sure thing* is that caffiene is definitely an irritant to the GI tract. Even people without IBS can get an upset tummy from caffiene.
Eggs, including the yolks, are high in cholesterol and high in fat. High fat foods are also irritating to the GI tract. You should try and keep your fat percentage as low as possible until your tummy settles down for a long while.
I was told by my nutritionist to stay away from Baked Lays because they are higher in fat than other more healthy snack choices, as well as in sodium which isn't good for weight loss.
Cinnamon toast might be getting the way of weight loss as well as it is high in sugar (empty calories) and are you using butter or anything else like that?
For both energy and a healthier breakfast, I might try having oatmeal with with a bit of oat bran which will also help you get more fiber into your diet. You can also put a few berries or something in it to spice it up and get some more vitamins into your diet. (Try: 1/3cup of oats,1 Tbsp of Oatbran with 1/2 cup of water and microwave for 1 minute. Can top with soy milk and berries - very yummy ).
Are you a vegetarian or did you just not eat meat today/regularly? If you're not vegetarian, you may want to add in some lean meats for protein to help with your energy and weight loss.
I know vegetables are harder to add in with a bad tummy, but I would also try incorporating more veggies in your diet to make your diet a bit more balanced. Try making your own oven fries with yams or sweet potatoes, and making adding in some carrots or other easier to digest veggies and branch out from there.

I'll bet if you can back on sodium, you might see some water weight loss - I know I can retain up to 6 lbs of water weight that will fluctuate in one day so this might help you out too.

Good luck! Hope I haven't rambled on too long... sometimes my brain doesn't know when to shut up, hee hee.

Cheers,
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 305 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review