All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
LA Weight Loss Question
      #274910 - 07/20/06 12:50 AM
ocafe

Reged: 09/06/03
Loc: Miami, Florida

Hi everyone. Another increase on the scale yesterday - 5 lbs this summer. Bringing my 5'3" self to a wopping 229. AH! Highest I've been, so depression creeping around and so desperation too. I went to LA Weight Loss for a info. meeting. I had a friend lose alot of weight there, but then she doesn't have IBS. They seem to be sensitive to my situation, but I didn't join yet. It's super expensive.
Anyone have comments about them?

About 5 years ago when I was finally diagnosed with IBS-D, I read Heather's book & started the IBS diet and lost 30 lbs. Yet, little by little, I have slacked off the safe diet and my weight crept up PLUS! Anyway this is a fitness board and it is what I long to be - fit. My doctor says I have the signs of potentionaly getting diabetes. There are so many reasons I'm here. Any success stories?

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!
18 more to reach my short term goal!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LA Weight Loss Question new
      #275099 - 07/20/06 08:04 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

What about Weight Watchers? I just joined last week and have lost 3lbs so far following their 'flex plan'.

I think it's a pretty sensible program, with foods being assigned different 'points' values and you're alloted X number of points based on your weight. You can also make many of the recipes from Heather's Eating for IBS cookbook as many recipes are low in 'points'.

Just a thought it's not too expensive and you don't require any special foods.
Jenn

Re: LA Weight Loss Question new
      #275107 - 07/21/06 06:00 AM
ocafe

I have tried weight watchers before. I do think it's great. My problem is I have kids and couldn't always make it to the meetings. (My husband many times couldn't watch them because of his work.) And, I have realized that I need the support. At LA Weight Loss they don't mind if I take my kids.

Anyway, I haven't joined yet. The price has just been hard to swallow. I have though, started to keep track of my calories on fitday.com AND have started to use this board as a support. Everyone seems to really care. In the last two days, I have lost 4.5 lbs. It's true that keeping track of what one eats really makes a difference. Just in the past few days I can see how I was on a downward spiral.

Thank you.

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!

LA Weight Loss Info Link new
      #275227 - 07/22/06 12:23 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

I came across this on the internet a few weeks back and thought maybe you might want to have a look.
I was getting really frustrated with not being able to shed any of my extra poundage recently and after seeing about 800 LA Weight Loss commercials, thought about it but the price tag put me off. The other thing that put me off was that their website said that to be effective, you do have to use their products.. and I am very sensitive to foods and almost positive their bars and such will have dairy and other things that don't agree with me. I'd be very careful of this 'cause like the article says, you can't get your money back!
This link gives you the info about LA Weight Loss and a few other programs pros and cons:
Chatelaine Article

Hope this helps!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Another suggestion new
      #275239 - 07/22/06 12:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

I just wanted to add in one more suggestion, have you seen the sparkpeople website? It is www.sparkpeople.com and it is really great for tracking food, tracking exercise, setting out exercise plans for you, tracking vitamins and minerals and fiber and stuff like that, doing food plans if you can tolerate the recipes or adjust them.. It has message boards, loads of articles.. And it's *free*. I was using it a while back and loved it, I just got lazy.
It might be a good way to start before you put a buncha money in at LA Weight Loss!
If you do join LA Weight Loss, let us know how it goes!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

THANK YOU new
      #275282 - 07/22/06 06:49 PM
ocafe

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2638

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review