All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 6/25/06
      #270938 - 06/25/06 06:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 6/25 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/25/06 new
      #270952 - 06/25/06 08:47 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Activity: 20 min. walk

Food:

fresh french bread

button mushrooms with dijon vinaigrette
potatoes
6 baby dill pickles

2 slices toasted french bread

Comments: Guts felt crampy and tight so ate ultra-safely. I don't know why vegetables beyond potatoes disturb me so much lately. I know I'm stressed out. Maybe that's why I need to keep it ultra plain and simple. I just have this inexplicable urge to throw out all the vegetables in my fridge (assorted mushrooms, carrots, zucchini) because I don't want to invite potential trouble & I really have no desire to consume them because of their potential trouble & my lack of appetite. It could be just "one of those moods" or phases, but I happily lived many years without eating a single vegetable besides potatoes & pickles and pickled beets & ketchup.

Kate

#270954 - 06/25/06 08:51 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

breakfast:
package of thinsations
glass of koolaid

lunch:
2 turkey dogs
cherry berry fruit source bar
water

dinner:
rotini noodles chilled with italian dressing
cooked and chilled baby carrots
glass of koolaid

snack:
pear spice bread (trying it for the first time once it cools)

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#270957 - 06/25/06 11:23 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

food:
-mixed fruit:strawberries, pineapple, honeydew & cantalope melon
-ocean seaweed tofu young-vegan-[tofu patties w/seaweed, carrots, mushrooms, jicama served over brown rice]
-more fruits
-organic pretzels
-vanilla soy yogurt
-cherry-pom vegan gran bar
-"mudd pie" vegan rice cream [small bowl]
-crackers

other:
-water! water!
-organic mint tea
-apple juicebox
-1 vitamin

-had an easy day today. got sent home from work b/c i was too sick to stay. relaxed all day and finally got a chance to eat. next 3 days for rest *only* i need some repair~

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#270963 - 06/25/06 11:54 PM
little bear

that sounds like a really gross menu of foods. have you tried eating veggies after you eat safe stuff like toast and potatoes? careful you dont go from D to C with all that starchy stuff. thats what happens to me when i eat a bunch

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Little Bear, it is really gross! new
      #271087 - 06/26/06 05:56 PM
Wind

Food just tastes disgusting and awful for some inexplicable reason. Actually, the menu I log isn't written in the order I eat it. I start with the serious SF.

I don't know--food just tastes gross & I hate cooking. I think I'm going to take my food to the dump and just stick to plain toast and potatoes, rice, quinoa, etc.

Sorry, but I cannot figure out how to make food taste decent and I'm just starting to loathe the stuff & just going through the motions of eating without any enjoyment. No amount of vinegar or salt can even make it taste okay. I look at the stuff and I see a big D attack waiting to happen and the vegetables taste like a punishment and smell even worse.

I probably should take a cooking course.

Kate.

Re: Little Bear, it is really gross! new
      #271318 - 06/27/06 09:44 PM
little bear

that could be fun, and relaxing! bottom line is, its not good for you if you honestly just cannot enjoy food. it could go into an unhealthy diet if you stick to just the same things, not to mentioned bread-like stuff. i found that when i attempted the BTC diet, i got much more C then i was before. maybe cause you're a D, it will help some. but id be leary about staying on a solid SF diet for longer then a week.

i find that if im out and about, when i come home to prepare a snack, or a meal, i have more enthusiasm to do it rather then if i was just at home and decided to make dinner.

ive seen you add some really creative tasting herbs. im sure they could make food taste yummier. i actually know a really good herbed potato recipe with dill. i havent made it yet.

-potato chunks in a baking pan lined with foil
-salt, pepper, garlic, onions and lots of fresh dill
-seal in foil and slowly bake in oven.
-add water for moistness

hope you feel less-blah soon!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Thanks, Ashley new
      #271438 - 06/28/06 02:56 PM
Wind

I just feel awful re: my diet. I took my produce to the dump, yesterday. I'm just taking a break from the "pressure" of having to eat them and sticking to the easy potato and the token baby carrot or dill pickle or 2 bites of salad to make it appear to others that I'm "normal."

I know that this attack is mostly stress related. I've always put such STRESS on myself to eat them no matter what that I need to ease up & flow more & get back to the basics.
(Plus I'm in a huge flavour-rut)

I'll try some new potatoes with dill in a few days. I just need a hiatus from fiber.

Thank goodness for vitamins, huh?!

Maybe next week I'll buy some veggies--who knows? I just need to lose the stress of them in order to maybe enjoy them more.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (06/28/06 03:03 PM)

Re: Thanks, Ashley new
      #271628 - 06/29/06 12:34 PM
little bear

kate--
i know exactly what you mean about re: veggies. i think if i ate all the veggies you eat, i would be in a very "D" situation myself. i also favor "sticking to basics" my favorite staple is rice and peas. you can never go wrong there! some veggies ive found to be quite comforting and easy on the tum are: butternut squash, zucchini, any potatoes mashed and sweet potatoes are the best! go for more veggies when you feel like it.

dont worry about how others see you or your posts. honestly the best diet ive read for a D is bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. a bit carby but like the BTC diet, i think its meant to be a stabilizer. dont give yourself attacks to look "normal". and even potatoes with a few carrots or pickles isnt normal--your body needs more to push out whats waiting inside!

do you ever get C?

i just got a new vitamin--a daily vegan one with no iron for less C!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review