All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and the stuck ileocecal valve
      #269591 - 06/15/06 08:01 AM
anon

Reged: 06/15/06

My massage therapist suggested to me that my ileocecal valve may be stuck. Since I didn't know what this was,I did some research into this on the internet and I concluded that IBS may only be a symptom of the IC valve being stuck open or closed (which leads to the diarrhea/constipation).
She told me to do a simple rubbing of the lower right abdomen, about 4" down from your bellybutton and directly over to the right, before you hit the pelvis bone. Rub in a counterclockwise motion(if you are doing it yourself--otherwise, if someone is manipulating it, it is a clockwise motion). If it is sore to the touch, bingo you've hit the right spot ! Don't be afraid to get in deep and manipulate. This works wonders!

Edited by anon (06/18/06 10:33 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and the stuck ileocecal valve new
      #271188 - 06/27/06 10:39 AM
scgrl

Reged: 06/27/06

Hello:
I am very interested in what you are describing about the ileocecal valve. I researched it as well on the Internet. I tried what you said and I have always had a soft tender spot in that area. I was wondering what you meant by it works wonders. What am I supposed to feel or notice when I do this? I have tried rubbing the spot and took your advice: "get in deep and manipulate" but wasn't sure what I was supposed to notice, feel, or, what are the wonders? Can you also send me the info or the website URL where you found out what to do about it?
Thanks.

Re: IBS and the stuck ileocecal valve new
      #271440 - 06/28/06 03:05 PM
welshgrl

Reged: 04/27/06
Loc: Michigan

Wow, I am experiencing strong pain in that exact area and constipation. I wonder if this is occurring chronically with me, because I experience pain in this area quite often.
Thanks for the info.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3335

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review