All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS book...
      #269118 - 06/13/06 08:56 AM
ksb

Reged: 04/04/06
Loc: Chicago, IL

I posted something about this a few months ago, and while several of you read the post, I haven't gotten a single response, so I thought I'd try again!

I'm a freelance writer in Chicago and I'm interested in writing a lighthearted book about women dealing with IBS. Heather's book was such a wonderful source of information and comfort to me when I first discovered that IBS was, in fact, what I had.

I would like to compile anecdotes from women throughout the country about their IBS experiences (maybe 50 or so...). I probably would devote three or four pages to each woman (likely referenced by first name only, age, and city/location). Just a light-hearted look at "this is what my experience is/was, this is what I did about it and this is how I'm doing today."

While IBS is socially and physically crippling at times, we all have situations that we can (almost...) laugh about from the past, that only people who've experienced them can really appreciate how horrible IBS can be.

I'm not looking to make money off of this book, I just think it would be invaluable to really show other women out there that they are not alone. And, as different things seem to work for different people, it can serve as a smorgasbord of options for people to try to see what works for them.

I would LOVE some contributors, or even some ideas/suggestions if you have them.

Please e-mail me kirstenbuys@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Kirsten

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS book... new
      #269181 - 06/13/06 01:32 PM
aross

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Alabama

Hello...my name is Angela and I have had IBS for 14 years. I would love to help you out with your book. I, myself, write a little on the side just as a hobby. I have written a book about my life growing up in the South. Anyway, is there a deadline on when you would like this information? I will send it to your hotmail address.

Angela Ross

--------------------
Angela
IBS-D and C

Re: IBS book... new
      #269183 - 06/13/06 01:40 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Kirsten,
there's not huge amount of traffic on this board, try the Living Room for a better response.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review