All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Spent all day cooking...
      #268035 - 06/06/06 10:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

... and I think it will be part of the key to my success in the upcoming week for healthier eating.

As you may be able to tell from my recent reports, I have been doing much better with exercise, have successfully eliminated soda from my diet (which was a big thing for me as I loooove pop) - except for one day when I got a free one at the movie theatre - and have been cutting back on chocolates and things like that.

My problem is that I have not been eating enough *healthy* things to keep my calorie count up high enough. I have been feeling really tired lately, and I think this might be why. Example: Today was my day off from work, and as I didn't have to get up I didn't set an alarm. I slept until 11 AM!

So today, I did some planning...
I made a big crockpot dinner that fed three of us, and will also feed me and Adrian for lunch tomorrow and the next day (tomorrow night dinner is with family).
I also made a *huge* batch of vegetable soup that I have seperated into "lunch" size and "snack" size servings and frozen. That way, if I am feeling hungry I can heat up some soup for a healthy snack AND it will help me get in more servings of veggies.

I also made two loafs of pear spice bread (with a little less sugar than the recipe calls for) so that if I am really craving something sweet, I have that rather than.. you know, a bunch of ice cream or something.

I also bought some applesauce cups as I had run out and some special K for breakfast. I am also going to start trying to eat oatmeal/oat bran for breakfasts again with fruit.

So there's my plan. I will try to be more diligent with my reports this week so you can see how the plan is working.

Cheers all!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great work Stephie! new
      #268082 - 06/07/06 08:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Honestly when you do homecooking it is so much easier to eat less crap.
All sounds yummy and healthy too. The trick is to (1) not buy the bad stuff at all and (2) make sure you have good stuff in the fridge/cupboard.

I snack on soy yogurt a good bit too as it lasts a couple of weeks in the fridge and some flavours are lovely and sweet.

Good for you, your post made me hungry!

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1079

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review