All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Appointment with Dietician went really really well....
      #267956 - 06/06/06 04:28 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Am posting this on here as is fitness related too...basically had first appointment with Dietician today and it was great. She was soooo nice and understanding and thorough....I cant believe they havent sent me to one sooner. Obviously having had this for 5 1/2 years and having tried EVERY DIET THERE IS...I already know triggers etc...but I was more concerned about eating balanced meals and making healthy choices but not hurting tummy at the same time. I know how to get myself stable...but that means LOTS of refined foods(the white stuff) which are stripped of nutrients and LESS fruit and veg. That makes me feel so groggy tho cos Im not getting my vitamins and dont feel like Im healthy enough...so we sort of worked out a plan...all the foods I like to eat etc...what triggers attacks...what things to do with food to avoid them hurting...portions sizes....all the vitamins and nutrients I should be getting in a day etc etc...and we worked out a 6 week plan together for me to be getting on with. If that fails to see any improvement then she wants to put me on an exclusion diet...but Im hoping that wont happen. I am going to BE STRICT on myself...I will try reporting in...maybe not everyday...but some updates...letting you know how Im getting on....and lets hope it does the trick.

I also need to CHEW MY FOOD properly....Im TERRIBLE for that....so Im gona write down everything...including how the food effects me etc....like I did when I first worked out my triggers...and see if that helps.

Oh also...main other thing...was WEIGHT LOSS...I discussed the fact that I am carrying around a stone to a stone and a half MORE than I should be and have been tried to get rid for a long time without any success. She went through all my history including medications I take and the way I eat...and shes pretty sure its down to my polycystic ovaries/too much loperamide/IBS which Id already thought. I used to be so slim when I recovered from glandular fever/lost my puppy fat and was healthy...then IBS hit and it all spiralled from there. So Im following Low GI principles from now on to see if we have any success with that. Plus I HAVE to join a gym and get 3/5 regular exercise sessions in....need a job before I can afford to join...but am gona use my exercise video from tomorrow to get me started.

So come on everybody....KICK MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Appointment with Dietician went really really well.... new
      #267965 - 06/06/06 04:57 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm so proud of you for going and getting help to figure out what YOUR situation is....sounds like you got some answers. Good luck with the job so you can get to the gym. Report in when you can..like me I'm NOT every day by a long shot.

Now, I'm putting on my boot with the soft tips for now to help kick you butt!! hehehe

GOOD LUCK!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#267973 - 06/06/06 05:17 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Natalie,

So glad to hear your appointment went well, that's awesome! I think Dieticians are great!
I'll be sure to check in for your reports and see how you're doing and maybe steal some healthy meal ideas.

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Good girl Nat new
      #268080 - 06/07/06 07:49 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

...taking responsibility etc.
Looking forward to hearing your daily food plans etc.

--------------------
S.

Re: Good girl Nat new
      #268107 - 06/07/06 10:34 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Go Nat! I wanted to have a chat to you about all this, I guess everyone could offer me some advice though so I`ve posted it in the living room xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Oh yes...email me whatever you want to know... new
      #268117 - 06/07/06 11:23 AM
Natalie1985

and will get back to you....she was really good..really nice and helpful and Im feeling sooooooooo positive about the whole thing...its the weight gain issue thats been getting to me for so long now...so this plan is hopefully going to get me to lose the excess I am carrying...and I am determined to join the gym!

Ive got so much to do at the moment its untrue...I dont know how Ive not managed to get it all done these last few weeks...if I dont get a job sorted asap Im in trouble...I have rent due in just over a month and not a penny to pay for it!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Oh yes...email me whatever you want to know... new
      #268120 - 06/07/06 11:51 AM
pinkprincess

uh oh! just get your cv done and handed out EVERYWHERE. I`ve handed out about 20 last week and had about 11 phone calls since requesting interviews and already got a new job lined up so if i can do it you can deffinately do it better. I hope you are ok hun, youv`e stil not emailed me about what happened...i`m guessing things are better now though xx

--------------------

Re: So exciting! new
      #268146 - 06/07/06 01:14 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I can't wait to see how all this works for you. I'm with you on all of it - the extra weight, too much loperamide/other meds/safe IBS diet all adding to that weight, never chew my food properly.

To be honest I should be doing the same thing - improving my diet whilst going through the hypno, to help it as much as possible, I'm just lacking in discipline right now. No idea how to get it back?!! Also, once the hypno (hopefully) starts working I'd love to be getting out more - getting exercise, even if to start with it's just going for walks.

Well done you for taking control, and I shall look forward to kicking your ass about it! As long as you do the same back when I start doing the same at some point in the near future... Can't wait to see how this helps you, and dead happy you've got something positive to focus on

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#268200 - 06/07/06 06:24 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

You sound motivated and inspired by the consult. Best wishes.
Often, it really helps to consult with professionals to help achieve/maintain goals as well as change patterns.

Kate.

Thats exactly what I thought.. new
      #268238 - 06/08/06 01:51 AM
Natalie1985

usually when I get told advice or things to do by a professional, then I motivated to do it...this 6 week plan she's got me on until my next appt is so good....because Im the type of person who doesnt want to let people down...so everytime I am tempted to cheat...I know I'll be thinking about that....I always think thats why celebrities and those people who go on those healthy eating plans which are always on the tv always seem to have so much success...cos they've got someone behind them who would be so dissppointed if they failed. Thats motication in itself to me.

Im on Day 2...and things are good!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Thats exactly what I thought.. new
      #268287 - 06/08/06 09:28 AM
pinkprincess

go you stick at it...and we know you will cos of the whole sugar thing. you must have an abnormal determination level thing! jo xx

--------------------

Even Better! new
      #268296 - 06/08/06 10:28 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

You're using your natural desire to please to help achieve goals--good tactic. Also, "checking-in" with the dietician, 6 weeks from now gives you a feedback date.

So, now--time to do the dirty work and "clean up" your act!
Spoil yourself with good nutrition and obscenely decadently healthy delights. You're worth it.

Kate.

abnormal determination...thats me... new
      #268314 - 06/08/06 12:08 PM
Natalie1985

hehe...yes I am weird...but you know everyone can do anything if you put your mind to it...have to say though...have been majorly craving a bit of chocolate today...I must be in withdrawal....but I WILL NOT CHEAT!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: abnormal determination...thats me... new
      #268500 - 06/09/06 10:50 AM
pinkprincess

The first hurdle is the worst - as soon as you get over that you`ll be fine...i unfortunately never get over the first hurdle when it comes to chocolate xx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6047

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review