english muffin and pb = 220 cal
veggies and dip = 100 cal
soup = 200 cal
veggies and dip = 100 cal
rice = 50 cal
salad with croutons = 300 cal
english muffin and pb = 200 cal
icing (bad girl!!!) 150 cal
about 1350 cal. A bit low but I think I ate other things I don't remember. Didn't do the hour on elliptical, but went to bipolar group instead. Gotta take care of the mind, too!
Also, hey, since I'm exercising, I'm sleeping SOOOO much better!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "Definition"..woo hooo! new
      #266898 - 06/01/06 07:10 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thanks I'm getting there! And somehow 95% of my cellulite is gone too! I think I've lost a lot of body fat. YAY!!

Re: We are all back new
      #266899 - 06/01/06 07:12 AM
Sara-Sage

Good job Sinead!!!

Why are your nerves bad??? You ok?

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/31/06 new
      #266900 - 06/01/06 07:13 AM
Sara-Sage

Wow Shell, that's QUITE the workout! Super!!!

Sinead new
      #266960 - 06/01/06 10:36 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Sinead!

First off, congrats about the new job and new house and things! I know you said it had you all stressy and your tummy wasn't very happy so I'm sorry about that but that's totally understandable! That is a lot of changes! But still, hopefully your tummy and your brain will figure out it's a GOOD thing and they'll get onboard, hee hee.

I too would like to cut down on carbs, but not take them out entirely. I couldn't just eat chicken and salad, or tummy would be very angry. But I am trying to reduce carbs with every meal, and I have switched from regular bread and pasta to whole wheat so hopefully that'll make a little difference.
I'm so happy for you that it is working for you, though! That's great.

I am definitely trying to eat more "good" food. I am having such a hard time with fruits and veggies because I bloody react to almost everything and then can't swallow for the rest of the night. It's driving me crazy! But yeah, skipping meals is definitely something I am trying not to do. Oh well, can just keep trying to go up from here!

Cheers!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#266974 - 06/01/06 11:32 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

And continuing motivation. Positive feedback and visible results are so rewarding and encouraging.

Way to go, Tina. What are your favourite vegan protein choices, these days?

Lately, mine tend to be grilled tempeh or tofu in some kind of marinade, when I get in mega protein mode. I love making a white bean dip, too. It's so hot, though, lately, that I'm hitting the fruit more than anything else and making crazy smoothies.

Kate.

#266980 - 06/01/06 12:14 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Kate! Visible results make it all worth while! And positive feedback rules!

For protein I've done a few things: made a salad with cubed todu, chickpeas and kidney beans with a low fat balsalmic vinigrette and diced cucumber with red onion. I've been having tofu scrambler for breakfast most days. On the days I don't I have low carb bread with soy sausage.

I'm also big on soy "chicken" nuggets and veggie burgers on the grill.

I make myself a bluebbery soy smoothie often too.

I never seem to be low on my protein intake.

What kind of smoothis do you make, and also what do you use for marinade for your tofu and tempeh???

#267042 - 06/01/06 07:43 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Like you, I tend to go for a balsalmic dressing for most "salads." I also love dijon or spicy mustardy kinds of dressings. Actually, I generally do something thai-style with tofu/tempeh with rice vinegar for tang and limes, cilantro, ginger/garlic. I also often coat with toasted sesame seeds, too. Miso is great for sauces/marinades and I'm starting to get into spicy fruity things for sauces/dressings/marinades. (I've been "peachy" lately and berries are great spiced, too or with curry, I note)

I generally go either strawberry or raspberry--my detox cocktails! I like to toss in a little peach or papaya or mango for body. Often I'll leave it exclusively fruit or add some almond milk.

Actually, I think I might get a soy protein powder because often I get into phases where I couldn't be bothered to eat traditional vegan protein foods and I'm lazy or just manufacturing an "issue!"

I'm going through this phase where anything that tastes of mock meat gives me anxiety or repulses me. Tonight I steamed up some endaname and tossed them with sesame seeds and sea salt and ate them with some portabellas.

Oh! I love "stuffing" veggies with crazy tofu and bean concoctions. Lentils and chickpeas are amazing with zucchini and eggplant. So is tofu.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13862

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review