All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 5/31/06
      #266594 - 05/31/06 07:04 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 5/31 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/31/06 new
      #266649 - 05/31/06 10:36 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Didn't go to the gym Monday or Tuesday (my ibs has been bothering me) but I am going today and leaving in 5 minutes. Going to do weight and cardio routine.

I have lost a bit of weight from counting calories and cutting back on carbs so I'm pleased. Tommy made me show him my tummy last night and said I am starting to get some definition. YAY!!!

Me too! new
      #266686 - 05/31/06 11:35 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Have finally found my sports bra (My "Shock Absorber", hee hee) and am about to jump on the elliptical and then do a weights workout DVD. Was going to go to the gym, but Adrian needed the car today so I can't get there.
Food so far so good... though it's only 11:30 in the morning, hee hee.
Good luck at the gym, Tina!

Oh, well, me too about the going to work out now.. not on the losing pounds, or having any definition.. I always want results too fast, so I am trying not to think about it. I have been 1 week with no pop (which has dropped my calories by a ton 'cause I was so addicted to pop!) and almost as long with no chocolate, and then watching my carbs/portions of them.
When I weighed myself today, I was up half a pound. Grr. Oh well, more reason to get on the elliptical I suppose!

Cheers!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Me too! new
      #266712 - 05/31/06 01:31 PM
Sara-Sage

Where did you find your sports bra? Mine is waaaaay too small and doesn't work at all when I jump in my fitness classes. Ouch.

It takes time, trust me - I joined the bloody gym in January and am only now seeing results!!! But it's because of my change in diet, you have to do both, it's so true.

#266714 - 05/31/06 01:46 PM
Shell Marr

I have a Champion brand... I'll have to get the style number for ya... it is REALLY good at holding "the girls" in place!! hehehe

--------------------

Shock absorber bra new
      #266719 - 05/31/06 01:57 PM
Stephie

Hey Tina,

This sports bra that I have now is the ONLY one I have ever had where my upper chest doesn't ache afterwards from all the "Dragging down" motion from the bouncing around.
It's from that bravissimo store I wrote on the LR about a while ago, this is the one I have: Shock Absorber.

Note: One thing I learned when I went shopping at this store is that bras are meant to be *tight*. Not so that it cuts into your skin, or anything but I was also wearing them so they could shift around a little which is what I think made them not fit so well. The one I have now is great, but it is tight (I tried looser, but I still got the pain) so I only wear it to work out and then take it off again because it gives me some nice little dents in my shoulders if I wear it all afternoon or something.
The second best one I had was a Champion, like Shell said, that did up in the front.. with that one, though, I still had to wear at least two bras.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Shock absorber bra new
      #266729 - 05/31/06 02:09 PM
Sara-Sage

Cool thanks. Do you know what the exchange rate is like since it's in UK funds?

#266730 - 05/31/06 02:09 PM
Sara-Sage

Where did you buy it Shell?

#266732 - 05/31/06 02:12 PM
Stephie

Yeah, it's pretty bad. From CDN it's about 2.2% right now. I'm sure from USD but the USD isn't doing very well right now, so I would assume it is about the same.
Makes things pretty expensive!

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#266740 - 05/31/06 02:37 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh, might look for one here then!

I have one too new
      #266754 - 05/31/06 03:26 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..and i love it even for my small boobies! I got mine in a department store here.

--------------------
S.

#266761 - 05/31/06 03:41 PM
Shell Marr

Mine is either Style #CH072F or Style #CH0155D at www.championcatalog.com

Quote:

Where did you buy it Shell?

--------------------

Re: I have one too new
      #266793 - 05/31/06 04:50 PM
Sara-Sage

Ok, thanks Sinead!

#266794 - 05/31/06 04:52 PM
Sara-Sage

Wow, they make SUPER cute sports bras! Thanks!!! I'll order from their site!

#266842 - 05/31/06 09:27 PM
Shell Marr

right on..

--------------------

#266843 - 05/31/06 09:34 PM
Shell Marr

I have no idea how many calories... but I had...
pre-breakfast - luna bar with water
breakfast - oatmeal & choc egg white Jay Robb shake made with just water
snack - luna bar with water
lunch - salad w/chicken breast, FF raspberry ving and small dinner roll that I ate first and water
pre-gym - double choc egg white Jay Robb shake made with water
at gym - 2 altoids lots of water
dinner - subway 6" wheat w/turkey, lettuce, mustard, cucumber and water
snack - (not sure, have not eaten yet)

gym - 20 mins treadmill, 50 mins with Personal Trainer, 40 min Kickboxing...I'M BEAT!!

--------------------

Jeez, Shell... new
      #266855 - 05/31/06 11:09 PM
Stephie

No wonder you're beat, that's a helluva work out!
I am not great with the calorie counting, but as far as I can tell it looks like you had a good food day today!

How are you doing with the weight thing? And have you gotten one of those body fat and all that test recently? I keep thinking I should go back and have another one, but since after about 12 days of being really good, I have gained half a pound so I'm scared to check! Hee hee.

Good to see you back!

**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Okay, for my real Reporting In now... new
      #266856 - 05/31/06 11:14 PM
Stephie

Hello!
Okay, so here is my report for today..

Exercise: Elliptical for 35 minutes, weight training for 40 minutes (legs, arms, butt and abs) = Dunno how many calories

Food: Not great today, I think that I made a mistake on food AND I didn't have enough calories from good food. I ate a Luna Bar for breakfast, but then I skipped lunch because my day got all out of whack. I ate a chicken teriaky 6" subway sandwich at about 4. Adrian meant to bring me some Baked Lays, but they gave him real Lays instead, so I had most of a small bag, which was the bad food choice.
Later on, I had an unsweetened applesauce cups, some raisins with a few chocolate chips (this no chocolate thing is killing me!) and some sunflower seeds in their shells.

So my nutrition is pretty low, which is bad. Glad I got some exercise in, though.

Going to have some decaf green tea and get to bed. Working a late shift tomorrow, so I am predicting a fairly weird food day for tomorrow as well as I have appointments in the morning before work.

See ya'll soon!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

We are all back new
      #266863 - 06/01/06 03:07 AM
cailin

..last week I took on board what Tina and Amanda had been talking about with protein and I started eating less carbs, like one night I had a marinated chicken breast and some salad for dinner but no rice etc and I was full and it was great. I consciously cut down but I still ate lots of veggies, just less potatoes, rice and pasta and more fish, chicken, prawns. Result: despite my post 10K Indian splurge I am down 2lbs So 136. When I stopped obsessing I started eating healthier and have had a result, hurray! No calories counting, just lots of training for the 10k and less carbs and more fruit. Am delighted.

Last night P and I went for a walk on the route of the 10k we did through the Phoenix Park, it was a lovely summer evening so it was beautiful, we walked 6.8K/4.25 miles (I insisted that we measure it in the car)

I wasn't great food wise but was OKish. Tummy very sore due to nerves (will explain in Living Room later) so I drank three cans of flat 7up which are empty calories but it really calms my tummy. ***THERE IS NO HFCS IN 7UP OVER HERE**

Great work Shell.
Steph, try to get some good food into you and not skip meals, the "gooder" you are the better you feel and the less likely you are to graze.

Good luck today everyone.

--------------------
S.

"Definition"..woo hooo! new
      #266864 - 06/01/06 03:09 AM
cailin

Great work Tina. You are soo ready to wear your bikini on honeymoon

--------------------
S.

#266871 - 06/01/06 04:23 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

30 min. elliptical
english muffin and pb = 220 cal
veggies and dip = 100 cal
soup = 200 cal
veggies and dip = 100 cal
rice = 50 cal
salad with croutons = 300 cal
english muffin and pb = 200 cal
icing (bad girl!!!) 150 cal
about 1350 cal. A bit low but I think I ate other things I don't remember. Didn't do the hour on elliptical, but went to bipolar group instead. Gotta take care of the mind, too!
Also, hey, since I'm exercising, I'm sleeping SOOOO much better!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: "Definition"..woo hooo! new
      #266898 - 06/01/06 07:10 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks I'm getting there! And somehow 95% of my cellulite is gone too! I think I've lost a lot of body fat. YAY!!

Re: We are all back new
      #266899 - 06/01/06 07:12 AM
Sara-Sage

Good job Sinead!!!

Why are your nerves bad??? You ok?

#266900 - 06/01/06 07:13 AM
Sara-Sage

Wow Shell, that's QUITE the workout! Super!!!

Sinead new
      #266960 - 06/01/06 10:36 AM
Stephie

Hey Sinead!

First off, congrats about the new job and new house and things! I know you said it had you all stressy and your tummy wasn't very happy so I'm sorry about that but that's totally understandable! That is a lot of changes! But still, hopefully your tummy and your brain will figure out it's a GOOD thing and they'll get onboard, hee hee.

I too would like to cut down on carbs, but not take them out entirely. I couldn't just eat chicken and salad, or tummy would be very angry. But I am trying to reduce carbs with every meal, and I have switched from regular bread and pasta to whole wheat so hopefully that'll make a little difference.
I'm so happy for you that it is working for you, though! That's great.

I am definitely trying to eat more "good" food. I am having such a hard time with fruits and veggies because I bloody react to almost everything and then can't swallow for the rest of the night. It's driving me crazy! But yeah, skipping meals is definitely something I am trying not to do. Oh well, can just keep trying to go up from here!

Cheers!
Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#266974 - 06/01/06 11:32 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

And continuing motivation. Positive feedback and visible results are so rewarding and encouraging.

Way to go, Tina. What are your favourite vegan protein choices, these days?

Lately, mine tend to be grilled tempeh or tofu in some kind of marinade, when I get in mega protein mode. I love making a white bean dip, too. It's so hot, though, lately, that I'm hitting the fruit more than anything else and making crazy smoothies.

Kate.

#266980 - 06/01/06 12:14 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Kate! Visible results make it all worth while! And positive feedback rules!

For protein I've done a few things: made a salad with cubed todu, chickpeas and kidney beans with a low fat balsalmic vinigrette and diced cucumber with red onion. I've been having tofu scrambler for breakfast most days. On the days I don't I have low carb bread with soy sausage.

I'm also big on soy "chicken" nuggets and veggie burgers on the grill.

I make myself a bluebbery soy smoothie often too.

I never seem to be low on my protein intake.

What kind of smoothis do you make, and also what do you use for marinade for your tofu and tempeh???

#267042 - 06/01/06 07:43 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Like you, I tend to go for a balsalmic dressing for most "salads." I also love dijon or spicy mustardy kinds of dressings. Actually, I generally do something thai-style with tofu/tempeh with rice vinegar for tang and limes, cilantro, ginger/garlic. I also often coat with toasted sesame seeds, too. Miso is great for sauces/marinades and I'm starting to get into spicy fruity things for sauces/dressings/marinades. (I've been "peachy" lately and berries are great spiced, too or with curry, I note)

I generally go either strawberry or raspberry--my detox cocktails! I like to toss in a little peach or papaya or mango for body. Often I'll leave it exclusively fruit or add some almond milk.

Actually, I think I might get a soy protein powder because often I get into phases where I couldn't be bothered to eat traditional vegan protein foods and I'm lazy or just manufacturing an "issue!"

I'm going through this phase where anything that tastes of mock meat gives me anxiety or repulses me. Tonight I steamed up some endaname and tossed them with sesame seeds and sea salt and ate them with some portabellas.

Oh! I love "stuffing" veggies with crazy tofu and bean concoctions. Lentils and chickpeas are amazing with zucchini and eggplant. So is tofu.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13745

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review