All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
For Beth (Augie) - food report
      #266252 - 05/29/06 06:49 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

PLEASE NOTE: I do eat things that are not generally IBS-safe... newbies who stumble across this should definitely NOT take this as totally safe, because it isn't.

Breakfast:
1 egg over easy
1 very thin slice of Melba toast*
1/2 cup fresh strawberries

{way too early} Lunch:
about 1 1/2 cups homemade antipasto - french cut green beans, pickled peppers, crisp cooked cauliflower, raw carrots, mushrooms, raw onions, with my homemade no-oil virtually-no-calorie viniagrette
1 slice Melba toast
1 small apple, raw

Snack:
Banana

Snack:
yogurt and peaches

Snack:
slice of Melba toast

Dinner:
Spiral pasta with LOTS of chopped tomatoes and herbs, about 2 cups
1/2 cup sliced cooked carrots
(this dinner is not typical for me... I normally eat a LOT more IF at dinnertime, and I try to avoid eating pasta whenever possible now, but I was lazy and ate leftovers instead)

Dessert:
small piece apple-banana cake with fresh strawberries & a little cool whip

Beverages:
Teeccino w/ non-dairy creamer, Kool Aid, diet Pepsi (bad Casey!)

Supplements:
NONE. I don't take a SFS, no probiotics, no herbs, nothing other than a multivitamin when I remember to take it.

*Melba toast: You take a loaf of unsliced white bread and freeze it. While it's still frozen, you slice it no thicker than 1/8" thick. Lay the slices in single layers on baking sheets, and bake at 225 for 30-45 minutes, till they're very lightly browned and uniformly crisp. Once cool, you can store them indefinitely in an airtight container - you've basically just made bread crackers.

Hope that helps a little, Beth. As you can see, I really eat as little SF as I can get away with - all those pieces of Melba toast add up to maybe 2 normal slices of bread. And if I don't eat that much IF, I don't and can't *go*... and I'm not even a C'er, which is why I always nag you to try eating more IF.

And I owe you email! Tomorrow!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Casey! new
      #266266 - 05/29/06 10:11 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Casey!

Nice to see you again!
Your diet sounds super healthy, I would absolutely DIE if I ate some of that stuff but it looks like you are doing really well!
I know you were really struggling with your weight and eating, it sounds like you are doing a lot better?
How are you feeling these days?

Let us know, we miss you!
**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Stephie! new
      #266284 - 05/30/06 04:38 AM
atomic rose

Hi!! *hugs* Miss you too! I've just been super-busy... my dad's moving to Maine, and working on his house (and ours too!) is really taking up all my time. But I still read, even if I don't have time to post. And IBS-wise, I haven't had a problem in ages, so I'm doing good!

I'm still struggling with my weight, eating, and depression... changing my BC pill helped a little, for a couple months, but now I'm right back to where I was. I'm probably going to quit hormone BC altogether and see how I feel. I think I was a lot more sane and level-headed without it - which stinks, because it's nice to not worry about getting PG, but I guess NOT being nuts is more important.

Anyway, this is all TMI. LOL!

Thanks for asking about me! *hugs* How's things with you these days?

And here's what I'm eating today! new
      #266323 - 05/30/06 07:56 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

6 AM: 1 heaping tablespoon of acacia in a cup of water, multivitamin, Ester C capsule, 2 fish oil capsules

8 AM: 3/4 c sliced strawberries, 1 Silk soy yogurt, 2 thick slices of "country bread" from Whole Foods

lunch: Cal-Mag tablet, 1/4 c garlic hummus, 8 Kalamata olives, 1 Greek pita (which I think is half whole wheat, half white flour), banana

snack: Luna bar

late afternoon: Joint Care Plus before I do any gardening

dinner: 1 heaping T acacia in a cup of water (or peppermint iced tea, since I have that in the fridge), grilled tilapia, 3/4 c mesclun greens, and either a slice of bread or more veggies or a slice of watermelon, depending on my belly's mood

dessert: 1 cup chocolate soy milk

All day long: herbal tea, herbal iced tea, and water - at least 64 oz and probably more since it's hot here

That's *everything*!

--AC

Chiming in... new
      #266324 - 05/30/06 08:00 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Casey, you might want to try NuvaRing before giving up on hormonal BC altogether. I'm feeling way more stable IBS-wise and mood-wise on it - I think because it's a constant low level of hormones rather than a daily bump of them. I'm also skipping the week off, so that also is keeping me on a more even keel.

I will admit that it took a few weeks for everything to smooth out, but that happened when I changed pills, too.

--AC

Re: And here's what I'm eating today! new
      #266344 - 05/30/06 09:19 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thank you. Can I ask, what is "country bread"? Is is whole wheat or white?

It looks like you use your Acacia for your SF base for dinner?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: For Beth (Augie) - food report new
      #266346 - 05/30/06 09:22 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

So, you're eating dairy and whole eggs, are ya!

What is antipasto? A noodle dish? And I'm assuming the apple is with the peel. And most of the veggies were cooked? And peaches canned?

I don't know, Casey. It seems like I'm eating just as much IF as you and AC and LM. I think I'll post my meals for a while if people are willing to give me feedback about my IF/SF ratio.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

The recipe for antipasto is right there, Beth... new
      #266350 - 05/30/06 09:33 AM
atomic rose

It's just vegetables. No pasta. Some of the veggies were cooked, some were raw. The peaches were fresh. I always leave the peels on my fruit. Oh, and I usually put the antipasto over a couple cups of shredded lettuce, but I didn't have any yesterday... that's how I'm eating it today.

My point is that I'm not even a C'er and I eat this much, so you should eat MORE.

I've been eating whole eggs for a long time now - they don't bother me, as long as I only eat 1 and watch the fat in the rest of the meal. As for the yogurt, that was desperation - LOL! I really wanted a snack, and that's all we had. I'm very surprised that it didn't bother me, but I'm going to call that a fluke, and not make a habit of eating dairy. That was my second-worst trigger before the diet!

Speaking of diet - I actually started a low-calorie diet yesterday, so I'm still waiting to see how my guts react to a REDUCED amount of IF. I DID eat more than this. We'll see, I guess...

I can't new
      #266352 - 05/30/06 09:35 AM
atomic rose

I'm on MaineCare, a form of Medicaid, and they only pay for certain forms of BC. (Just pills, basically.) They don't pay for the NuvaRing, and there's no way I could afford it out of pocket, even if I could find a pharmacy that would circumvent MaineCare and let me fill the prescrip. It's a shame - I've heard nothing but good things about the ring, too!

Re: My food report 5-29 new
      #266356 - 05/30/06 10:05 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm not sure if this will be of much help to you, Beth. I don't think I ate very well today. Since I'm more D than C, I tend to eat a lot more rice products and SF (especially now that I'm taking meds for lupus that may cause occasional digestive problems). Although, I definitely need more IF because I have been a bit C the last week. I'm also trying to put on a few more pounds. I don't keep track of the exact times I eat, but I'm probably eating about every 2-3 hours. I tried to give you an estimate/measurement of how much I'm eating and drinking too. I'm glad you asked us to do this, because I like to see what others are eating as well.

Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar
8 oz water

chunk of French bread ( = 2 slices of bread)
bowl of Rice Chex w/ plain rice milk
1/2 cup canned peaches
16 oz water

2 Van's Wheat Free Blueberry Waffles
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
8 oz water

cup of Teeccino

2 corn tortillas w/ avocado slices (1/4 medium sized avocado), about 4 cherry tomatoes
Stash Lemon Ginger tea

Tri-colored rotini pasta w/ tuna, 3/4 cup of chopped broccoli (cooked), 1/4 cup carrot slices (cooked), some chopped onion, a few slices of pepperoncini
16 oz water

2 small scoops Vanilla Soy Dream

cup of Rice Chex
spoonful of PB
water

**Not taking any other supplements at this time.
**Meds for IBS include Imodium as needed (now I'm down to 1 caplet every couple of weeks!), 10 mg amitriptyline before bed
**Now that I'm finally spending more hours awake than sleeping, I'm trying to figure out an exercise program.

Edited by Maria!Maria! (05/30/06 10:11 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9631

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review