All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: For Beth (Augie) - food report new
      #266358 - 05/30/06 10:13 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Here's mine (don't let it scare you!). Note: I follow my own style of eating and I'm totally moodie and seasonal when it comes to food.

Also, I eat a lot and I think that's why I'm thin.

--spaghetti squash (2c.)
--red swiss chard (3c.), pureed

--raspberries, 2 c., pureed

--mushrooms, 2 c.
--green beans, 4 c. (pureed)
--spring mix, 125 g.

--3 c. fresh apricots (pureed)

Beverages: water, camomile lemon tea (2L), flat diet gingerale and diet cran-raspberry seltzer, and diet coke.

No coffee and no cigarettes!!!
40 min. walk
6 Prodiem caps. in 3 doses.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Casey new
      #266361 - 05/30/06 10:15 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Your food list looks delicious, Casey! You really do get in a lot of IF, but that's good!

Thanks for posting the recipe for making Melba toast. Wasn't sure what this was, but it sounds like a great way to make safe crackers!

Re: Kate new
      #266363 - 05/30/06 10:18 AM
lalala

Great to see you're still smoke-free! How long has it been now?

A 40 minute walk? That's excellent!

We haven't "talked" in a while, so I'm really impressed to hear how well you've been doing.

Re: I can't new
      #266384 - 05/30/06 11:20 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

That really sucks. Maybe they'll add it once it's a little less new? I'd think that with compliance issues alone, they'd want to pay for it. (Ah, and it is a relief to not be always thinking "Did I take my pill?")

I send an eyeroll of disapproval in the general direction of MaineCare...

--AC

Re: And here's what I'm eating today! new
      #266387 - 05/30/06 11:25 AM
AstroChick

Ya know, I'm not exactly sure what their Country Bread is. It's definitely not 100% whole wheat, but I think it may have a little whole wheat flour in it. Maybe call it "hearty white" or something. It's not too terribly different than sourdough.

Since the husband critter is eating low carb and doing most of the dinner cooking, I generally rely on my acacia for my SF then (especially when I'm tending more towards C). If I feel less stable, I'll grab some pasta or a slice of sourdough and cut back on the veggies. But mostly, I'll go a little more IF-heavy for dinner since the food is there and I often slack off on the IF during the day because I'm lazy.

--AC

Re: AC - question new
      #266389 - 05/30/06 11:31 AM
lalala

Do you find mesclun greens easier to digest than full-grown greens/lettuce? Or is it just a matter of taste?

Ooh, I've never had peppermint iced tea, but that sounds so refreshing. I'll have to try that this summer.

Re: Kate new
      #266390 - 05/30/06 11:40 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Actually, I'm just plain bummed lately. I just cannot sleep--even with sleeping pills-- and that takes it's toll. (Also, it's probably reflected in my menu. If I eat in a generally depressed frame of mind, I literally veg. out or go funny with fruit. At least I prepare it in IBS-safe ways, for me.)

I'd blame it on PMS--that's what it feels like--except, I'm menopausal.

Eventually I'll sleep. It's been 23 weeks without a butt. I gave up coffee about 2.5 weeks ago--hey, isn't caffeine an upper? No wonder!!! My worst damage is a cup or two of jasmine green tea or earl grey.

I'll send you a note. I was thinking of you yesterday.

Oh, one more thing--I am really hairy again and treated myself to a haircut a few weeks ago.

Kate.

I found the idea... new
      #266430 - 05/30/06 01:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...in this AWESOME breakfast cookbook I have... I should really post more of the recipes from that, there's a lot that's IBS-safe or easily made so, and much of it is simple ideas like this one. Melba toast tastes so much better than crackers, I can't even believe it - and I get day-old loaves of bread for 50 cents at the corner grocery, so it's cheap, too!

What I eat new
      #266463 - 05/30/06 04:03 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

You probably get the gist of this from the days that I report in but here goes:

Brekkie: Either oatmeal made on water with some fresh pineapple or melon chunks OR banana bread and a soy yogurt OR dry Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and a banana OR weetabix with soy milk

Snacks during the day: Ricecakes OR fruit salad OR banana OR hummus and pitta bread OR soy yogurt

Lunch: tuna, coleslaw and tomato/corn sandwich on wholemeal bread OR rice and veg ie carrots, parsnips or rice/potatoes and salad ie a small amount of greens, tuna, pasta salad, tomatoes

Dinner: one of (this is a selection that I can think of)
-Chicken breast pieces stirfried with vegetables like peppers, mushrooms,onions, some cashew nuts and soy sauce and brown rice
-Pasta with a Dolmio Stir in Sauce, sometimes with tuna
- Chicken in mustard sauce with rice and veggies
-chicken sausages with some carb and veggies
-ratatouille (homemade) with pasta or rice, sometimes with chicken or turkey sausage in it
-turkey bolognese
-fish, grilled with rice and veggies, sometimes reduced fat mayo
-shrimp/prawns any way -I love them

for veggies I eat carrots, mushrooms, peppers, a tiny amount of greens, zucchini, leeks (sometimes), peas, sugar snap peas

Drinks: Apple juice, flat 7up (European one doesn't have HFCS) mint tea, homemade smoothies with bananas, berries and apple juice

I also eat some unsafe things like chocolate biscuits and a glass of wine occasionally but not every day.

I am A and tend to get very C if I don't get veggies into me or brown things like rice or weetabix. If I am crampy I avoid the green and brown things.

Hope this helps- Any questions?

--------------------
S.

Re: AC - question new
      #266917 - 06/01/06 08:42 AM
AstroChick

The mesclun just tastes better to me, and I think the texture makes me more likely to chew it properly.

Peppermint ice tea rocks, particularly if you sweeten it up right after you brew it. I also like brewing up decaf Lipton's with a fruity herb tea - it's nice and sweet even without sugar, which is good for the diabetic dude in the house.

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review