All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS: "All in my Head"
      #266121 - 05/28/06 08:07 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I have a question: How do you get someone to understand that you can't have a lot of fat in your diet and that the "fear" of consuming too much fat isn't "all in your head"? I have an uncle that repeatedly asks that if I'm on a low-fat diet, because it's "all in my mind". It's frustrating that he never understands that I need to limit some things in my diet and that IBS is REAL. Any suggestions would be wonderful!!!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS: "All in my Head" new
      #267432 - 06/03/06 02:00 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I think it is hard to make anyone understand something they don't wish to. Usually they don't wish to, because if they understood it sometimes seems to them that they would expose some kind of weakness in themselves. So their not understanding is really all about them and not about you at all. I think you just have to shrug and not let it mean something to you. Of course, I'd be awful tempted to say "Once you've lived in my body for a day, then you can tell me it's all in my mind. Until then, pipe down and just accept"

#267444 - 06/03/06 04:04 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Try printing one of these or even email him the link.... web page see if that helps him get off your back.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#267488 - 06/04/06 02:36 AM
jaq

Reged: 05/20/06
Loc: Bournemouth, England

I just try and be calm and specific. "I have to cut down the fat because it triggers an ibs attack and I become very ill." Then list your other triggers say, it very annoying but that you're getting the hang of it, or something like that.

People will often tease and your uncle just might be one of those people. My boyfriend is supportive really but he constantly make reference to me being sickly all the time and has been really sarcastic this last week since I've been stable for about 7 days in a row! That's just the way he is and it may be the same with your uncle. If the factual approach doesn't work with him you could just try playing along and finding a witty response; something like...

"You know, I do often wonder that. Perhaps it runs in the family?"

--------------------
Never EVER give up!

#267499 - 06/04/06 07:07 AM
Tammi Smith

Reged: 05/29/06
Loc: Nashville,TN. (USA)

Try doing Colon Hydrotherapy! As long as it's a certified Colon Hydrotherapist. A Colonic is not good enough, it only cleans out one quarter of the colon. Colon Hydrotherapy will soak fecal impactions and break them down so they can come out through the machine, and you can see them. You'd be amazed at how much you have stuck in you!! This will help you matabolize better and you'll have room for new stuff to pass through properly.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2002

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review