All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
new to IBS need some fitness help
      #263014 - 05/12/06 06:57 AM
dragonfly31

Reged: 05/12/06
Loc: Ulster County New York

Hi I am new to this site and somewhat new to IBS. I am currently on zelnorm and have just taken my second dose of Heater's Acacia - I am waiting and hoping.

I try to be physically active (it is hard when you have been constipated for days)I really enjoy working out at the gym - I rock climb and so I lift free weights to stay in the game - I am trying to get rid of my tummy bulge - it is the only thing I want to change - I don't seem to be getting anywhere - it doesn't matter whether it is a major bulgey, gas day or not.

I have done alternate days of 200-300 various types of sit ups on days that my body lets me, and I do cardio on the sationary bike.

I am reading and following the EATING FOR IBS - I found it and started 4 days ago.

Any suggestions
I would greatly appreciate any help and/or encouragement

Thanks dragonfly31

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new to IBS need some fitness help new
      #263139 - 05/12/06 04:46 PM
Sarah21

Loc: MN, USA

Hi Dragonfly-I'm new to this too-actually I've never posted before seeing as we just got a computer-sad I know. I hope I'm doing this right. Actually, I don't have much info to help you out, but I know that the only thing that has worked for me is Protonix. It's the only relief I've had in the three years I've been dealing with this. You can only take it for two months, but it was the most glorious two months of my life since the birth of my fourth child(it started with that pregnancy). I've found that running 5 miles a week didn't do anything to help except make me feel better about my body. But I do know that I have to stay away from the veggies I love-which really sucks-And eat alot of complex carbs-brown rice and that sort of stuff. Hope this helped-Sarah21

--------------------
Sarah21

#263156 - 05/12/06 06:04 PM
dragonfly31

Loc: Ulster County New York

Hi Sarah21
Thanks for the reply - Do you still run?

What is Protonix? I am very concerned about not eating fresh fruits and vegetables - that is what I eat as snack foods and a big portion of any meal - I don't like bread much and I think tomato sauce gives me trouble -I have not had it in many many months - I love sauce - not pasta with something else.

I hope that in a few months my body will be more stable

Do you eat any fruit and vegetables?

Thanks
dragonfly31

#263292 - 05/14/06 12:40 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Hi there... I eat lots of bananas and mangos. Sometime some strawberries, but not many. I need to start trying some other fruit myself.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#263294 - 05/14/06 12:59 AM
monam

Reged: 05/14/06

Hi Dragonfly. Must be a time for new users- I have never done this before either. Have suffered with IBS for 25 years(started after pregnancy). Much of the time I do pretty well...but I that is because I have adapted my behavior (like always knowing where the bathroom is, etc etc). Its always a concern, that's for sure. I do best when I exercise (I like yoga and walking) and eat the soluble fiber (bananas and oatmeal). And sometimes, I don't do well at all. I think it will be really comforting and inspiring to read these message boards then. No body can fix this but us. Hang in there.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1689

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review