All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 5/9/06
      #262418 - 05/09/06 06:59 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 5/9 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/9/06 new
      #262598 - 05/10/06 01:26 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Not reporting on food as had friends over for dinner and made baked chicken with ginger plums and soy I served it with white rice, green salad and mustard potato salad.

We had ADBs for dessert with some heated berries and a little icecream and then after dinner mints which my friend brought me. Mmmmmmm. We also drank a couple of bottles of wine between us.

I had porridge for breakfast and a baked potato for lunch with no other real cheats so that's something but I ate and drank wayy too much for dinner.

Exercise: Walked to and from work to compensate for all the eating and drinking I knew that I would be doing, 70 minutes, fast.

--------------------
S.

#262670 - 05/10/06 10:21 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Okay--I'll "play," today (i.e. "report.").

applesauce cup

lowfat extra firm tofu, spinach, mushrooms (and a few cherry tomatoes which in retrospect just didn't agree with me!)

ratatouille (no tomatoes, no peppers!)

more ratatouille!

carrots (baked) dunked in white bean dip

natural soy milk on the rocks

Kate, IBS-D.

#262676 - 05/10/06 10:51 AM
Shell Marr

Love how you did the PRE- workout...knowing what was coming that night!! Great job!!

Quote:

Not reporting on food as had friends over for dinner and made baked chicken with ginger plums and soy I served it with white rice, green salad and mustard potato salad.

We had ADBs for dessert with some heated berries and a little icecream and then after dinner mints which my friend brought me. Mmmmmmm. We also drank a couple of bottles of wine between us.

I had porridge for breakfast and a baked potato for lunch with no other real cheats so that's something but I ate and drank wayy too much for dinner.

Exercise: Walked to and from work to compensate for all the eating and drinking I knew that I would be doing, 70 minutes, fast.

--------------------

#262677 - 05/10/06 10:53 AM
Shell Marr

UUUmm... this sounds kinds good!! "carrots (baked) dunked in white bean dip" not sure what ratatouille is.... sounds Italian?

Quote:

Okay--I'll "play," today (i.e. "report.").

applesauce cup

lowfat extra firm tofu, spinach, mushrooms (and a few cherry tomatoes which in retrospect just didn't agree with me!)

ratatouille (no tomatoes, no peppers!)

more ratatouille!

carrots (baked) dunked in white bean dip

natural soy milk on the rocks

Kate, IBS-D.

--------------------

#262774 - 05/11/06 01:35 AM
cailin

Thanks Shell- it's a principle from that book "French women don't get fat" that Ruchie/Sarala recommended- the compensation principle- you can eat bad things occassionally but you have to compensate- so I walked to and from work and had a very good breakfast and lunch to set me up for being naughty that night.

--------------------
S.

Hey Shell! new
      #262923 - 05/11/06 06:55 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Hey Shell! Ratatouille is actually French, technically. It's a kind of ragout traditionally involving zucchini and (your favourite) eggplant, and often tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onion, garlic. I like to splash in some wine and tons of fresh herbs from my pots (yeah, I'm a total pot head). Anyways, it smells good and tastes even better the next day (sort of the way curries and chilli tend to and other saucey creations). I often will add some tofu cubes or garbanzos or lentils for a little protein, but not always. Sometimes I eat it on steamed greens. Sometimes I melt some fake cheese on it. It's great with spaghetti squash. I prefer it cold, though. (I know you have eggplant issues--however, you could easily omit it.).

How's your food plan going? Are you still doing lots of protein shakes? How many altoids are you noshing/day? Okay, enough nosiness! Continued encouragement sent your way, Shell.

Kate.

#262971 - 05/11/06 09:40 PM
Shell Marr

I still need to read that book...

Quote:

Thanks Shell- it's a principle from that book "French women don't get fat" that Ruchie/Sarala recommended- the compensation principle- you can eat bad things occassionally but you have to compensate- so I walked to and from work and had a very good breakfast and lunch to set me up for being naughty that night.

--------------------

Re: Hey Shell! new
      #262972 - 05/11/06 09:42 PM
Shell Marr

Oh, that sounds YUMMY..... except the eggplant (my fav ya know...NOT) lol

Food is going well... I did reduce my protien shakes to see if that was my "gas" problem...but no change so I've started increasing again.... I also just started increasing my fiber. Altoids... anywhere from 4-8 per day.... I tuck them in my cheeks so I don't chew them...they last a long time that way.

Quote:

Hey Shell! Ratatouille is actually French, technically. It's a kind of ragout traditionally involving zucchini and (your favourite) eggplant, and often tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onion, garlic. I like to splash in some wine and tons of fresh herbs from my pots (yeah, I'm a total pot head). Anyways, it smells good and tastes even better the next day (sort of the way curries and chilli tend to and other saucey creations). I often will add some tofu cubes or garbanzos or lentils for a little protein, but not always. Sometimes I eat it on steamed greens. Sometimes I melt some fake cheese on it. It's great with spaghetti squash. I prefer it cold, though. (I know you have eggplant issues--however, you could easily omit it.).

How's your food plan going? Are you still doing lots of protein shakes? How many altoids are you noshing/day? Okay, enough nosiness! Continued encouragement sent your way, Shell.

Kate.

--------------------

Shell. new
      #262980 - 05/12/06 01:17 AM
cailin

I make ratatouille without eggplant and it works out just yummy anyway.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review