All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Caloric Overload is complicating my weight loss, I think...
      #260039 - 04/25/06 12:46 PM
MustLoveHorses

Reged: 04/18/06

I find that snacking throughout the day calms my guts (but not my stomach (see post re: possible delayed gastric emptying located over in 'Eating For IBS.')). And I snack on good stuff: fruit, cereal, soluble veg., nuts. I have a great, varied diet. I'm pretty lucky in this case. However, in order to keep my IBS MOSTLY happy, I have to snack all day long. I have been eating whole and/or organic foods now since Feb.1 and have lost NOT A SINGLE POUND. In fact, I think I gained a few. I recently did some daily calorie counts and have found that, even eating 'good stuff,' I am taking in over 2000 cal./day. I've read that someone my height and weight (OVERweight might I add!) should take in no more than 1920 cal./day to MAINTAIN this weight. Well, I don't want to MAINTAIN it, I want to lose some of it. I read that to lose some of it, I should cut my calories by as much as 300 cal./day and exercise enough to burn just as many to end up cutting and burning somewhere over 500-700 cal.day. Sounds perfectly reasonable, but how the heck am I supposed to do that if I need to eat all the time or I end up with bloat, cramps, headaches, etc.?

Can you help me, Team??

Here are a lot of the foods that I can eat:
hummus, tortillas, soy crisps, apples, kiwis, nuts, squash, mango, rice, multi-grain cereal, whole wheat bread, bananas, soy milk, rice milk, pear, soy yoghurt, berries, carrots, potatoes, pasta, grated parmesan cheese

Thank you, thank you!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review