All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
IBS and depression
      #259917 - 04/24/06 02:59 PM
Beanie

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North Carolina

I think I am sort of depressed. Could this be a side effect of the IBS. I started using the Kit and I feel better (my stomach) but I still feel sort of down.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and depression new
      #260082 - 04/25/06 06:01 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

I'm actually just starting to get through a sort of serious depression. It was definately the worst I've ever been. I think I am just starting to get out of it finally. But I ended up neglecting my diet, pushing people away, contemplating suicide, the works. But I feel much better now. I was like that for 2 1/2 months. What a waste. Don't wait as long as I did. Maybe you should try to get help as soon as you can. I never got helped, but mostly tried to wait it out.

#260090 - 04/25/06 07:04 PM
Beanie

Thanks, I'm not to that point yet but I didn't realize that I was depressed until I started feeling better. Some days are better that others as I guess you know.

#260181 - 04/26/06 11:32 AM
Alli

Oh yes, that's true. The way I found out I was depressed was when I actually started to neglect my diet -because I personally know that becoming stable means quite a lot, so watching myself eat everything that was unsafe was a clear sign that something was wrong.

Definitely! new
      #260203 - 04/26/06 12:24 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Being in constant pain/gas/bloated/C or D/ and having to eat so carefully while others eat whatever they want whenever they want is very depressing.

I'm so much different on the days the pain isn't as bad...or I have a BM. Someone at work actually asked me why I was in such a good mood on one of those days.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

alli....how did you get out of it? new
      #260205 - 04/26/06 12:26 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Therapy? A certain medication?

Nothing seems to work for me.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#260355 - 04/27/06 08:05 AM
nanashr

Reged: 04/25/06
Loc: Ohio

This happened to me as well. About 5 years ago is when my IBS-D started. I had D as well as major panic attacks. I didn't have anyone I felt comfortable talking to, especially since I really didn't know what was going on with me and why I was having kind of a nervous break down. I separated myself from just about everyone, including ending a relationship with my boyfriend at the time. I was feeling pretty depressed and cold.

I tried to read self help books and trying to find out why I was so unhappy. I discovered I was just not happy with where my life was at the time. I have since moved to another city and I have great friends and a great boyfriend who are very understanding and supportive (which helps a ton). I have also heard the Hypno series helps a ton, I don't know first hand, but I just ordered it, the samples you can listen seem pretty good. I having the support and remembering that things will get better are the keys.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nancy - IBS-D

Re: alli....how did you get out of it? new
      #260396 - 04/27/06 11:04 AM
Alli

Technically, I am not completely out of it. I haven't tried medication or therapy just yet but I'm mostly trying to help myself. The problem is now, is that I can easily sink back into depression because I am at such a crucial stage, but I pretty much just waited until I started to lose everything and I guess that helped me to snap out of it. ..But I still have those bad days.

#260842 - 05/01/06 12:43 PM
Beanie

Guys! I feel so much better just having someone reply. It's like there is really someone out there who is in the same boat with me. THANKS!!!

#261201 - 05/02/06 08:18 PM
singleta418

Reged: 05/02/06

I know when I feel down I look at my list of pick me ups and I choose one and do it right away. It could be as easy as taking a walk around the block or picking up the phone and calling a good friend. Sometimes I write a gratitude list when I am really down in the dumps. It can be a difficult thing but just the act of writting down 5 things I am grateful for can really change my thinking. Hope it helps!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 211 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9960

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review