All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 4/20/06
      #259125 - 04/20/06 07:09 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/20 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/20/06 new
      #259302 - 04/20/06 03:59 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Food:
breakfast: Scone w spread
Snacks: 2 ADB, at least 12 squares of Chocolate and a chocolate orange bar (I plead PMT and working late where there was a HUGE bar), crackers, apple juice
Lunch: A green salad, italian bread dipped in olive oil and penne arrabiata
Dinner: leftover sausage and tomato sauce from last night with three slices of bread (couldn't eat much after all the chocolate)
Didn't even drink much water.

Exercise: are you kidding, at work til 8pm, not home til 9 and period cramps. P and I did go for a walk, but it was a stroll as opposed to a power walk.

Verdict: BAD

Tomorrow I am going out after work for drinks as someone is leaving so I won't get to the gym til Saturday, but will get there Saturday and Sunday.

--------------------
S.

REPORTING IN - 4/20/06 new
      #259331 - 04/20/06 06:50 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Sinead,

Aw, don't be too hard on yourself! Like you said, period is the worst time for chocolate! I think that if you are good the rest of the time, you don't have to feel so bad if you do mess up a bit around Aunt Flo time.

The rest of your day looks good, and going for a walk is still moving around more than sitting on the couch!

I still think you're doing great!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Sinead, consider it a healthy indulgence. new
      #259347 - 04/20/06 08:05 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

You're full of some pretty high-test anti-oxidant, tonight.

Hormones (hmmm, I remember those!) are quite volatile and you are definitely under the influence.

Can you structure a little chocolate into your daily diet and still maintain control?

Kate.

REPORTING IN - 4/20/06 new
      #259358 - 04/20/06 09:51 PM
Stephie

Hey everyone!
Here is my reporting in for today:

Exercising: Even though I was super achy all day at work, I did get in the exercise today. I did a 5 minute warm up on the elliptical, then about 20 minutes of upper body stuff, then 27 more minutes on the elliptical.

Breakfast: Special K with vanilla Soy milk

Snack: Rice cake and unsweetened applesauce

Lunch: Wrap (grilled chicken breast tossed in some greek marinade (olive oil, lemon, and oregano), a tiny bit of "ultra low fat" mayo, a bit of feta cheese (NOT SAFE FOR MOST!!), some lettuce and cucumber (no skin, no seeds)), some white rice, "snack pack" of peaches, no juices.

Snack: Rice cake and two chocolate covered almonds

Dinner: Grilled chicken, pasta (1/2 and 1/2 regular and whole wheat), tomato and herb sauce.

Snack: Cup of Silk chocolate soy milk

So today was pretty good. I didn't have any pop, woo hoo. I DID have chocolate, but only two almonds so it wasn't too bad.

Off to have a bath, for my poor aching muscles.

Cheers,
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Oh, and by the way! new
      #259359 - 04/20/06 09:54 PM
Stephie

I might not be Reporting in for the next few days because right after work tomorrow, Adrian is picking me up and we are checking into a hotel downtown for our anniversary.

I have made myself the exact same lunch I had today, and will have Special K for breakfast. We are going to the "Wild Garlic" restaurant tomorrow night with another couple I work with, then on Saturday (our anniversary) we are going to a Turkish Restaurant for dinner (because our fav. restaurant in England was Turkish). I will try my very best to be good!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/20/06 new
      #259369 - 04/21/06 02:34 AM
cailin

Thanks Stephie.

AMAZING work on your workout, you go girl! Sounds like you are going to have an indulgent weekend, but I have a feeling you will fit in some kind of workout

Your food was EXCELLENT too. Great work!

Ha

--------------------
S.

Thanks Kate! new
      #259370 - 04/21/06 02:42 AM
cailin

I like your reasoning.

To be honest, I don't think that I can incorporate it. It does upset my tummy, make me queasy and farty and yuck so it is much better that I eliminate. I might try to make it a Sunday indulgence or something like that. I don't buy it anymore, the problem is that there has been a lot of it at work as people have been on holiday etc so it has been there to tempt me. Have to start leaving the work sweeties alone and I will be fine. Lately, my solution has been to eat it so it's all gone and there's none left to tempt me, not that clever.

Thanks for your encouragement.

--------------------
S.

Maybe if you just have a piece or two... new
      #259407 - 04/21/06 06:56 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...it wouldn't upset your tummy at all. I think Heather said in one of her books that she has a piece of chocolate everyday...or was that in a different book I read?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

yep you're right..... new
      #259422 - 04/21/06 07:53 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

she does say that....and I have considered it myself...only problem is I seem to have a couple and it leads to a whole bar or several I just cant help myself and be that disciplined...its either all or nothing with me!

By the way sinead.....did u ever post those pics from ur weekend that u sed u wud?? Need to see nice pictures to take my mind off all this crap Im dealing with at the minute!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Maybe if you just have a piece or two... new
      #259457 - 04/21/06 09:42 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

...or even permit yourself the daily option of a piece of chocolate your mind won't feel "deprived" and you won't o.d. on the stuff or feel like you've lost control.

Mind with matter--it's tough stuff!

Go for quality vs. quantity. Employ the "french" gastronomical philosophy in terms of chocolate.

I think, Sinead, that you'll discover yourself tougher than you think and more in control.

(Thank goodness I truly detest chocolate! It gives me major migraines. However...I do have my seasonal weaknesses, especially fresh cherries and strawberries and yes, black raspberries!)

Kate.

Not yet Nat, sorry new
      #259568 - 04/22/06 04:16 AM
cailin

..will def do it today, the camera is still in the glove compartment of the car.

--------------------
S.

Re: Maybe if you just have a piece or two... new
      #259569 - 04/22/06 04:19 AM
cailin

It doesn't upset my tummy after a meal, but that's not the problem, it's the grazing on sweeties at work and the inability to eat one or even three pieces. I need to work on my willpower. I am off on holiday this week so will be naughty but when I come back I have three weeks until my 30th birthday and I really want to lose a few pounds before then so I can leave my weight obsession behind!

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3896

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review