All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Aw, you guys are so great! Thanks! new
      #259215 - 04/20/06 09:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok, no cholcolate it is then!

I feel for ya regarding your sore muscles. I've been there! I took a class that did 30 mins of ab work that used a million muscles that were never used and I had trouble getting up from a chair! My abs felt like they were "broken". LOL!!!! It will pass!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Day 2 of soreness new
      #259216 - 04/20/06 09:27 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

So I just got out of bed about... 45 minutes ago, and was very disappointed to find my legs still burning, hee hee. Oh well, at least I know I had a good workout!

I am working a later shift today, so I won't be home 'til about 7. Adrian has promised to make dinner, so hopefully I can hop on the elliptical and do some weights when I get in. Will letcha know!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Sinead new
      #259217 - 04/20/06 09:34 AM
Stephie

Quote:

YOU GO STEPHIE, YOU CAN DO IT!
Aww thanks, I appreciate the support! Woo!
The no chocolate thing is only really hard one week a month for me (PMT week) but it is possible and when I do eat it I do feel sick so I need to stop (had 2 squares today though)
Oh my god, I hadn't even thought of when the evil red friend arrives, that's gonna be hell! I got myself some Chocolate Silk Soy milk, so hopefully that will do it! I am actually gonna try to "skip" my next period as we will be in Mexico (woo hoo) and I really don't want her interrupting everything! So I might get a pass.

Pop is EVIL. Mmmm sweet sugariness. Is it diet or regular?
Regular! I have a big thing against any aspartame or anything like that. It does not agree with me AT ALL. If regular it's just empty calories and you are better to have a juice or smoothie that at least has nutritional content. If diet then sweeteners and fizz are bad. I can tolerate the sweeteners but I shake the bottle til there is only the tiniest little bit of fizz left. Ooooh, see, it is the fizziness that I LOVE! I crave it like crazy. A while ago, this woman at work brought me a case of Italian fizzy water that was in these big bottles and was pretty cheap. It had little tiny bubbles (not like pop) so no burpiness or anything. I loved it, was totally addicted and didn't have pop the whole time I had them 'cause I don't really care for the sweetness... but then I ran out. I will have to invest in some more. I got some cheap brand big bottles of fizzy mineral water at the store but they don't have the lovely teeny tiny bubbles.

Poor you with your thighs. Could you go do some gentle exercise that doesn't use them too much to try to work it out or is that out of the question? Maybe swimming or the cross trainer? Well, I might have been able to... but I didn't. I did my big shopping trip, got everything ready for tomorrow (well, today now) and then sat on the couch with the heating pad on my sore legs (and my bad tummy, had some D attacks last night) and then passed out to sleep, hee hee.

Hang in there, we are all on this journey together and we're with you every step!
Thanks Sinead! Right back atcha!

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Day 2 of soreness new
      #259220 - 04/20/06 10:02 AM
Sara-Sage

You GO GIRL!!!!!

Re: Soft drinks new
      #259221 - 04/20/06 10:05 AM
Sara-Sage

I crave ginger ale like a mad woman but it's pure sugar evil so Tommy won't let me buy it (thank you Tommy!!!!).

I haven't had it in ages now and no longer crave it. My new substitue is Tropicana OJ. I litterally drink 5 glasses a day! Tommy bought a litre of it on Monday and by Tuesday the empty carton was in the recycling bin.

It doesn't upset my ibs which is amazing.

Tropicana.. new
      #259294 - 04/20/06 03:13 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

one word...ouch! I LOVE it but orange juice simply does not agree with me. I can have a little after a big meal which is no fun really. I can (and do) drink apple juice though.

--------------------
S.

Re: Sinead new
      #259298 - 04/20/06 03:39 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Definitely get a pass if you are on holiday, I skip it all the time, but next month's is due around my bday so I decided not to skip this month's. I have been a chocolate FIEND again today

If you get the bottled water you will still get the bubble fix so that's a good plan.

Did you exercise today? SOrry to hear about the sore tum yesterday

--------------------
S.

Re: Tropicana.. new
      #259312 - 04/20/06 04:36 PM
Sara-Sage

I NEVER was able to drink it for years and years!!!! Now I can. Go figure??? Guess I'm making up for all those lost years?

My other favourite is apple juice.

Skipping It new
      #259332 - 04/20/06 06:52 PM
Stephie

Hey Sinead,

When I was in England, I used to ALWAYS skip my period. I'd take two packs in a row, all the time. The doctor told me it was fine, and it helped tum so I didn't worry about it.
Now I am back in Canada and on different bc that is at a much lower dose.
Years ago I tried to skip a period for camping (you can see why!), and it didn't really work. I kept taking my pills, but I just spotted through the whole time. I am gonna try it again, but I'm not sure it will work.

As for tummy, it's okay. So much stressiness and everything, I am not surprised tummy was mad. I am changing my diet as well, so I don't know how it will behave for the next little while.

As for exercise, I haven't YET but I just got home from work and plan to in about 5 minutes. Will report in and letcha know!
We'll see!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Soft drinks new
      #259334 - 04/20/06 06:55 PM
Stephie

Hey Tina,

I got really hooked on gingerale a while back too. In fact, when I first starting putting on weight it's when I found good Gingerale in the UK and started drinking, like, 2 bottles a day!

I used to also drink a lot of orange juice, but I can't tolerate now with the reflux and the D. I drink cranberry juice, though (if I take a reflux pill), and I mix that with the bubbly water and am quite satisfied!

Gotta go elliptical!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10354

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review