All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Well.... new
      #258786 - 04/18/06 05:55 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I have a confession to make also....after all that...''yes I'll give all the chocolate away''....me and my flatmates devoured what was left of the eggs....there was half of one opened after dinner(and Id eaten sooooo well all day) and then it was staring at us....shoulda got rid of it the night before...but as it was already open we decided to get rid and it went on from there. Good thing is there is NO chocolate/sweets or anything in the house...plus I dont get my student loan till next week and am skint so theres no chance really of getting anything before then...so now its all gone I can wipe the slate clean and start again....and Im excited to

I want to lose a good stone, thats my main aim....BUT...I know the chances of me doing that while I have all my workload to concentrate on at the moment are slim....I'll either be so stressed I'll eat ALOT(of healthy stuff though) or I'll hardly eat at all....so it could go either way. I am going to be conscious of portions and all that but Im not gona beat myself up over it too much cos my works more important at the moment and if I need to eat to help me concentrate then so be it....Im just gona make sure that all I do eat is good for me. I was working so much better when I was having no sugar...so its another reason to do it again. Good thing is I dont have any summer plans till the very end of summer if we can afford it so Im talking end of august/september for a possible holiday that would require bikini....so I have no rush to slim donw for that sorta thing...would be nice to wear summery clothes and feel good about myself but we'll see....soon as I get a job in the summer and join the gym I will start getting serious. If I could lose a few pounds before I graduate then thats fab. Good things is that cos of all the laxatives I had to take for my colonoscopy last week my bowels have been very off this last week and I think thats the reason that despite all my naughtiness I havent gained a pound....which is great....just need to start shifting them now

Oh and I HATE obssessing over weight too....did you see the article in grazia last week...it was making headlines on this morning and all that....kelly brook was voted as the best body and they did a survey saying women obsess every 15 mins over their weight! Its so sad isnt it....the bludy media don't help....I never used to care either....I wish I had naturally great metabolism!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That's great Tina new
      #258832 - 04/19/06 02:28 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

30 mins cardio is good work, gets you sweating.
That is strange about your measurements, esp your waist. I don't usually take measurements so I don't track mine (other than thighs bulging from jeans ) so I don't have any scientific theories for you- has anyone come up with an explanation for you? I can imagine how discouraged you feel, I felt the same way yesterday (even though it was FULLY down to binging over the weekend)

I have started cutting down on some ingredients that I put into our dinners in an attempt to reduce portions, but I do tend to split dinner between my plate and P's, even though he needs at least 500 calories more than me a day. I have started adding less chicken or fatty ingredients and more veggies so at least it I am overeating it's good stuff. Really need to reduce rice portions, I just love my rice.

I agree, I go to friend's houses for dinner sometimes and am amazed to see how little food that there is on my plate. My Mum never overfilled our plates when we were kids and used to comment on other people's plates being overloaded, and now I am embarrassed for anyone to see how full P and I have our plates at dinner!

We can do this, must google portion control for tips!

--------------------
S.

Similar story here! new
      #258833 - 04/19/06 02:33 AM
cailin

On the way home P had a masterplan- that we should eat all the chocolate left and then get over it. I trimmed back that idea since there was an opened box of handmade chocs but we did share about two thirds of one half of my thorntons egg, so the temptation is now well and truly gone.

No sweets in the house is the only way to do things I think, any temptation is bad for bad girls like us.

LOL re bikini, I don't have a bikini holiday this year at all so I am safe from the wobbly thigh and cellulite police for a while!

I wouldn't mind Kelly Brook's body, or anyone's whose clothes fit them.

MUST GET OVER OBSESSION.....

--------------------
S.

Re: That's great Tina new
      #258889 - 04/19/06 08:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I am so discouraged about my measurements. But I just got my period today so I am hoping my tummy was bloated?

Portion control is probably what will help us both. Somehow we have to cook less food and try to be full with smaller portions. That seems so hard though!

Ok, we can do this!!!!!

Re: That's great Tina new
      #258898 - 04/19/06 08:43 AM
cailin

DEFINITELY that has something to do with it, water retention etc. I am due mine this week too so I am blaming it for my disastrous weigh in.

Googled and got some portion control motivators for us:

Scary quiz about changes in portion size

Fod pyramid guidelines

I will google more later.

--------------------
S.

Thanks Sinead for that great info new
      #258901 - 04/19/06 09:01 AM
Sara-Sage

WOW! A serving of pasta is the size of a fist. YIKES! I probably have three times that when I make pasta!

I am starting to think that not only do I have to cut out a second helping of food, but I need to ct the serving size in half!!! Very good to know!!!!

Thanks!

Re: Exercise report for the last few days & trauma of weighing in new
      #258978 - 04/19/06 12:49 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

{{{making a tounge sticking out of my mouth funny sound, you know the one}} You can do it girl..... just keep up your gym time, watch your portions, careful of the salt... that will make you retain water too... (salt in chocolate too) EEEKKKKK...... keep reporting in (even if nobody else does)... gosh I know I've been bad about it, but I've been so busy, and know with the new bike, I'm home even less time on the computer I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Don't panic yet Tina new
      #259010 - 04/19/06 02:58 PM
cailin

this says that you can have more than one serving- in fact the recommended is 6-11 servings a day. *phew!

I like the plate example on that webpage, I'm going to try to eat like that. Mmm...might need to buy even bigger plates!

BTW my mother swears by using a smaller plate for dinner when dieting. Our dinner plates are enormous, and usually quite full, at home hers are smaller and still full but I can never finish what's on them.

--------------------
S.

Thanks again Sindead! new
      #259213 - 04/20/06 09:20 AM
Sara-Sage

Ok I think I might go out and buy 2 smaller plates for Tommy and I. Then the servings of food will look bigger and not so flimsy!

Thanks again for the great info buddy!

Wish I could practice what I preach! n/t new
      #259301 - 04/20/06 03:55 PM
cailin

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review