All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 4/6/06
      #256699 - 04/06/06 08:39 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/6 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/6/06 new
      #256850 - 04/06/06 08:13 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Alright I gotta start reporting in more, keep myself on track. I started drinking lots of water today, I've been letting myself get too dehydrated so I'm really going to pay attention to this. I'm aiming for 50oz of liquids a day.

honey nut cheerios & soy milk
strawberries
barley & tomato veggie soup
bread & nutella
cup chocolate soy milk
salmon, rice, veggies
peppermint patties
cutie bar
carrots & dip
36oz water (plus the soy milk and soup I hope brings me to around 50)

Did a short walk outside, lots of yoga/stretching to relax enough to take an afternoon nap (beginning exams at school this week).

Kat

--------------------
Kat

#256873 - 04/07/06 01:23 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

A write off. I blame my work colleague who is retiring as all the food was in her "honour"

B: Smoothie, scone
L:sushi, grapes
"D"- finger food- about 6 chicken skewers, two pastry mini things, and vodka
Snacks: about 8 fries in the bar, crackers when I got home and 6 very bad for me chocolates (my favourite Belgian ones that my retiring colleague brought as a treat for us all)

Exercise: had a meeting in a building about 25 mins walk from the building I work in so instead of ordering a cab I walked there and back. At least it got me out and moving, so I am happy that I did that. I should have had one chocolate and moved on but that is not in my nature!

Today is probably going to be a write off again as I am hungover and at the mercy of friends who are cooking dinner for me but we'll see how I do..fingers crossed!

--------------------
S.

#256902 - 04/07/06 08:11 AM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

Diet: 5 pieces of white bread/rolls + honey, papaya, 4 bananas/2 cups Soy Milk smoothie, 72 oz. water, 2 boca chicken burgers, 2 small potatoes.

Result: I felt a little worse than yesterday which probably had to do with the boca burgers and maybe eating a little more than I should have. I'll probably go back to all SF today and try drinking some ginger tea to calm my bloating.

Workout: 25 minutes of weightlifting at home, I couldn't get outside hardly at all today because it rained most of the day. I'll likely just walk on Friday and try to fix my aching lower back.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

#256929 - 04/07/06 11:04 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ooooh...I am feeling so rough in an IBS-way! I had a lettuce binge and am so very eating ultra beyond safely for the next few days. Should I get lettuce hungry/thirsty, it's all going in the blender with an SF base for a warped smoothie.

I'm more active, though...getting out for walks, daily & also abstaining from pots of coffee and delusions of dairy.
Coffee is a huge D trigger! Even decaf. Somehow I'm more aware of tannin or oxalate sensitivity.

Tomorrow is my 16th week without cigarettes.

Anyways, hello & continual support to all modifying their lifestyles and diet. I think I just miss reporting.

One quick note: my hair seems to be growing back like a weed and I feel less socially vulnerable, naked and exposed--less a walking oddity or curiosity. This is better than nice.

Happy weekend to all.

Kate.

#257004 - 04/07/06 05:00 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Hey, great job on the active, staying away from coffee and dairy, and no smoking! Keep it up!

I'm hoping to keep reporting in a lot too, keeps me on track and it's something fun to look back on if I'm feeling un-motivated.

ttyl, Kat

--------------------
Kat

Alright, here we go.. 04/06 new
      #257015 - 04/07/06 05:59 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Okay, here we go again! I will not be committing to reporting in every day 'cause I know I won't be able to do that at the moment, but here is this day (yesterday) and I'll be doing today as well..

Exercise: 30 minutes dog walking

Breakfast: Slice of white bread with some LF peanut butter and about 1/2 tsp (just a tiny bit) of raspberry jam.

Lunch: Tuna sandwich made with two slices white bread, and extra low fat mayo. Some UFO.

Dinner: Sole fillets cooked in garlic infused olive oil, italian seasoning, and lemons. Boiled baby potatoes, steamed carrots and asparagus.

So today was not so bad. UFO wasn't great, but coulda been a lot worse annnnnnd NO CHOCOLATE. Woo hoo.

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Thanks, Kat! new
      #257019 - 04/07/06 06:17 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Kat--it's actually really hard at the moment with the non-smoking thing due to the onset of spring. Everytime I walk outdoors, I want to spark up a butt! I always smoked outdoors and never polluted my house. Part of my motivation to lose the habit was because I could not bear to freeze my butt off at four in the morning in the dead calm cold of winter. Ooooh, yes, it is good smoking weather. However, I just walk faster past my tobacco sullied past self. I have conversations on my walks through the woods behind my house with "smelly Kate." And then, I get a buzz from walking so fast which gives me the whole endorphin cycle and later excites my dopamine receptors so brain goes through it's happy cycle.

I hit the HFS on my trek today and stocked up on Hemp seeds & Pumpkin seeds and Brazil nuts and Black Sesame Seeds and Hazelnuts to add a certain elven vegan quality to my warped creations. I also found a really twisted zucchini cookbook.
I also picked up some smoked tofu! I think I must be low in zinc and selenium, so...I'll add some seeds.

Yes, I had a salad for lunch, but I put it (raw) in the food processor and did not suffer. I wish I had an organic banana with which to blend it, however, I improvised with steamed carrots and scallions and avocado and used a few asparagus tips as dippers. I know beets would have been divine in this. It's funny how much raw lettuce shrinks!

This is a fun board--each of us unique in our food styles and all trying to express our sense of healthfulness in the moment and co-manage IBS. I must say, though, I did pay in quite the "raw" bum feeling, today, due to that salad binge.
I'm funny--greens are so nerve calming that I lose attention and just eat them. Generally, though, I stick to cooked/food processed.

Now, I can hardly wait to go nuts with my greens, etc. Very finely ground, i.e. like a flour, they should be safe in moderation.

Okay, enough health babble. I like being able to walk faster and longer without huffing and puffing. I think I will sleep deeply, tonight and snore--a bonus of just moving my butt for no special reason beyond that it feels good.

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 133 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review