All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm alive!
      #256003 - 04/03/06 03:49 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi all

Hmm things seem to have slowed down a little over on this board... but that's ok. I've been more or less "offline" (horrors!) for the past couple of weeks since my internet at home fried out for some reason. However, it seems to be back up now! *fingers crossed* So anyway, that's why I've been generally MIA for the last while.

I probably won't start reporting in again, though sometimes the mood strikes me to, and you can't ignore the mood However, I just wanted to let everyone know that - the last couple of weeks excluded - I *do* read this board often, even if I don't post much! So keep reporting in, damnit! lol I may have a warped sense of entertainment if the fitness board qualifies... but I'm ok with that

Anyway, hello to everyone! *waves* I probably won't have to time go back and read everything I missed, but I hope everyone's doing ok!!! Missed you all

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm alive (too)! new
      #256023 - 04/03/06 06:09 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Retrograde--I'm glad you pooped by. I'm glad you're alive and that your communication problem/technical difficulty is resolved.

I'm alive, too. I'm just not reporting--but it is fun to encourage each other in our goals/challenges.

Diet-wise, I'm doing pretty well--eating lots of SF veggies.
I'm really repulsed by meat/fish, lately, and substituting beans/legumes/peas--even soy for protein. I love the tofu-ness of tofu (I cannot handle the products, generally).

Spring is intoxicating me--it's my favourite season of the year and I cannot resist going for a stroll, most days.

Also, I'm growing hair again like crazy for some strange reason. I have added some omega 3-6-9 fats to my diet (not from capsules, but out of the bottle--just a tsp., on SF foods). If it's a bad day, though, I skip them. If I have more than a tsp. I am attack-vulnerable.

I'm still not smoking, too. This has made an enormously positive impact on my IBS. Gas attacks/cramps are virtually eliminated by removing this habit. I hardly drink any coffee anymore (huge trigger. I look at that brown water and well...things often smell better than they taste/feel, so if I indulge, I really savour it.

So, that's a quick update on moi.

Kate.

Re: I'm alive (too)! new
      #256093 - 04/04/06 01:53 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Glad to hear all are alive and well. I am back here reporting as I am on a health kick to do a 10k (most likely walk it) and fit back into my summer clothes.

I really think this board is a useful motivational tool, so do keep checking in and chastising bad behaviour, and, of course, praising good

--------------------
S.

Hi Kate! new
      #257861 - 04/12/06 12:00 PM
retrograde

Sorry I just saw this now. I'm glad to hear you're doing well! I'm ridiculously happy about it being spring too... Probably my favourite time of the year - everything seems possible I've actually gone 100% vegan now, for about the past month. My last bastion was my morning egg whites but I've replaced them with scrambled tofu and I must say, I'm in love! I'm eating tofu like crazy now too, which is awesome - I love the protien and calcium kick. Extra-firm is definitely my favourite; I buy 4-5 blocks of it a week!

I'm also glad to hear that you're still not smoking (yeah!!) and that you're hair is growing! Me, I just cut mine all off (as you can see from my user pic ) and I'm loving it, loving how easy it is and how light it feels. I definitely needed the change

Anyway, I'll be around (hopefully more often now!) ((hugs))

Sinead new
      #257862 - 04/12/06 12:02 PM
retrograde

10k!?! Sinead that's awesome! Wow, good for you! Even if you walk it, that's still amazing. I'm so proud of you! *beams*
Anyway, hope you're doing well. I'll be around - reading reports when I can - so you'd better be good!!

Thanks Laurel! new
      #257879 - 04/12/06 01:37 PM
cailin

Thanks for the encouragement. I would love to jog even some of it, I am very competitive though and really will not like to see people overtaking me on the course so that should help me! I couldn't bear to be last. This is the run that I am doing...argh, six weeks to go....

--------------------
S.

You look so gamine, Laurel! new
      #257948 - 04/12/06 06:43 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I love the hair!

I'm more into nuts/seeds, these days as well as some sea veggies and greens. Maybe it's because I'm epileptic that I seem to be doing well with the nuts/seeds--brain fats? I grind them in my food processor and add them to all kinds of pestos and warped veggie pattie creations. I actually like mixing nuts/seeds with different legumes and veggies and even soy to make whacky protein patties. They're great for stuffing portabellas. I love Hemp, but I think brazil nuts are my most favourite. My teeth, for some strange reason, do not want to chew anything animal oriented and anything that smells like it was a living creature bred for the slaughter makes me ill. I'm easing into legumes--I get a huge attack if I over do it, i.e. eating them more than once every day or two.

I love spring! It just makes me get out of the house and go for long walks.

Stay well.

Kate.

Six weeks....aaaaaaaaaahhhh..... new
      #258234 - 04/14/06 05:47 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Its six weeks till my final hand in for my degree.....we can count down together sinead!!! Cant believe its come around so quickly....Im so scared...the pressure is majorly on!!!

--------------------
Natalie

good luck Nat new
      #258543 - 04/17/06 02:43 PM
cailin

I remember the time leading up to my finals. It was really pressurised and I couldn't wait to get out of college at that stage, all the fun was gone out of it, I really had had enough.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2849

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review