All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
The dreaded 'C word' - cellulite
      #253169 - 03/20/06 10:18 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok ladies, what's up with cellulite? It apparently is not helped by toning up at the gym. I bought a cream but have read that they don't work at all.

Anyone have any remedies for cellulite? I have my beach honeymoon this summer and want to look pretty in a bathing suit, not be all covered up.

Help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The dreaded 'C word' - cellulite new
      #253183 - 03/20/06 11:10 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

there's basically nothing you can do for it. some creams (dove, for example) have minor, temporary effects, but you have to keep using the cream, and it'll never get rid of it entirely. and there's also that deep-tissue vaccuum/massage thing, but it's very expensive, and again, not a 'cure.' nothing really is. a sort-of help is self-tanner - pasty legs make it look worse. jergen's natural glow stuff is great.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#253202 - 03/20/06 12:30 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Tina,

I was just reading up on this last night in a bikini diet book that came with Marie Claire last summer- here's what it recommends:

1. Improve your circulation: massage (tommy!) skin brushing, exfoliation and exercise.
2. Drink more water to help reduce water retention and eliminate toxins
3. Take plenty of exercise (improves circulation)
4. Take natural dietary supplements to help improve circulation (helpfully it doesn't say which ones!)

It also recommends a scrub which is the following:

Mix a handful of coarse rock salt flakes in t a paste with 2 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil. Add one drop only of rose or lavender essential oil. Stand under warm shower and get your whole body wet. Step out from under the water and use the scrub mix starting at your feet moveing up your legs in circular movements, massaging as you rub it in. step back under the shower and massage the scrub into your skin until it's all washed off. Then turn the shower temperature to cold and stand under for one minute. Wrap in a warm towel & dry yourself vigourously. Put on a warm dressing gown and lie down for five minutes.

Apparently you will feel "tingly and energised"!

--------------------
S.

Dry skin brushing is the way to go.......... new
      #253231 - 03/20/06 02:20 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Ive tried it and its always recommended by nutritionists and health experts...get a dry skin brush and brush strokes upwards towards your heart...starting from the doles of your feet and working your way up and around your body....I started doing this in the summer everyday and after a few weeks I REALLY noticed a big difference!!

--------------------
Natalie

THANKS GUYS!!!! new
      #253528 - 03/21/06 02:01 PM
Sara-Sage

I learned some news teachniques to try!!!

Thanks for all your info that you shared.

#254490 - 03/25/06 09:46 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Tina,

I have also read that drinking cranberry juice can help elimiate some of the toxins that build up and can make cellulite not so obvious... I have no idea if it works, though. I saw it on ivillage.
I've tried some creams and never noticed a difference, but I may not have stuck to it as much/as long as I should have.

Good luck, let us know if you notice anything that works!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#254575 - 03/26/06 01:12 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Tina-
There was a five or six page article about cellulite in the Sunday Times magazine here today. It mentioned tons of supplements to take to keep cellulite at bay (6 of them). I'll retype some of it if you'd like. It also said that for exercise to contribute to cellulite you have to be doing as much as a professional athlete so that you are no longer doing aerobic exercise but anaerobic exercise.
It mentioned all the old chestnuts that we have been through above already- exfoliate, dry brushing, detoxing etc..

--------------------
S.

#254584 - 03/26/06 01:55 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Sinead! I don't know if I beleive if any of the supplments would work. It's fat and I don't know that anything can ge rid of it. But I'm super curious!!! Maybe you could list one or more they mention?

Thanks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4239

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review