All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Reaching Out For Support Again....
      #250312 - 03/06/06 04:45 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Feeling a little BBLLLLLAAAAAA..... about myself right now.... don't really feel like reporting in.... I just have so much on my plate..... and I'm not really happy with myself diet wise... I'm still at the gym 5 days.... but with the hours I'm keeping it has been easier to do more "processed" foods... which I DON'T LIKE DOING..... higher in calories, fat, sodium...etc etc... I got back on the scale and I've gained the weight back that I lost after the holidays.....

I'm telling all of you because I NEED YOUR HELP & SUPPORT.... this board "Fitness & Lifestyle" (frmly "Vegas") was here when I first started losing weight (thanks to Kandee kicking my @$$...to get ready for the 1st Fall Sprawl).... I just have not had "THAT KIND OF SUPPORT" in a long time and I really need it. I will try to start reporting in again next week....

I have a 5K this weekend that I'm trying to get ready for (extra cardio) and I've GOT to get some of this weight OFF.... I have varicose veins in my left leg that are REALLY starting to hurt... and I've had legs cramps several time the last two weeks. I'm going to have to check with my insurance about having the veins removed, hopefully via laser so I don't miss any work or gym time.

Found out that my OTHER Grandma is going to be moving the 3rd weekend of April....so I'll be over there on the weekends leading up to moving day... packing her with my Mom & Sister.....that just messes with my gym time too!!

OK.... enough complaining...... just time to start DOING SOMETHING about it.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reaching Out For Support Again.... new
      #250327 - 03/06/06 06:47 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Shell, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE. You have come so far. It sounds like it is time to renew your commitment to your quest. It's time to put yourself first! Can you afford a few minutes to journal everyday & get your body, mind, & spirit aligned? Can you write those affirmations down, positively? (Oh dear, I'm sounding like "Stuart Smalley.")

I know some people have a hard time to mentally adjusting to a smaller body, to being a smaller person. I'm not sure if that's an issue with you.

It's time to write the script, to walk the walk, to run the run. It's time to DO, to BE that smaller & stronger & faster & healthier YOU.

It's about practice. So...decide & show yourself that you are worth a few moments of preparation. You know you are.
You know you can do it.

It's time to write another chapter in the Shell Marr Weight Loss journey. How can you inspire yourself? Who inspires you?

It's about commitment.

Kate.

Me too!! new
      #250356 - 03/06/06 09:36 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh Shell, I could've written this post! I've been so off track lately. I've been so busy with school and everything that my workouts have become few and far between and my diet... well, let not even go there... lol

But I'm really working on getting back on track, and I was already thinking just last night about FORCING myself to start reporting in later this week. My BF just bought me some weights for our apartment as a gift (which I asked for... he's so sweet ) so now I have no excuses!

Anyway, long story short - yes, let's start doing something about it. Back to being on track - me and you? (like old times? lol ) I'll push you if you'll push me!

...Anyone else in this boat too who wants to join in?

**hugs** new
      #250362 - 03/06/06 10:58 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Shell!
I saw your post on the LR and raced right over here - I am so sorry that you are feeling a little down in the dumps at the moment!
You have so much to be proud of yourself for, and even if you are having an off day or week or month or whatever, you still have all that to fall back on because you have done really well for yourself and you shouldn't forget that! We are all so inspired by the work you have put in, no matter the results if they sway a little bit in the numbers!
The fact is, going to the gym 5 times a week is still such a great accomplishment that most people WISH they could do! So try not to take away from things you ARE doing! **hugs**

As for the vericose veins, I am really sorry to hear they are giving you problems. I haven't had any myself, but a neighbour had them and I remember how much they bothered her so I do feel for ya. I just told Adrian you were having pain from them, and his mum had them... He said you'll probably feel a lot better about everything if you get them removed and they aren't hurting you anymore... I hope that you can get them lasered out and your insurance will cover it for you.

I have been talking with my nutritionist about processed foods and she has really been telling me to stay away from them, but I have been having more of them than I like as well.. It is a struggle to make fresh food all the time, so I feel ya there!

But I'll be here, whenever you need *anything*... I'll start checking back in for your reports and you know you can eMail me anytime you want to talk about anything, or whatever.

Let us know what your goals are, maybe and we'll just keep harassing you until the effort of getting there is less irritating than dealing with nagging if you don't? Hee hee.

Chin up Charlie, we're all here for you and I know that you will be able to do as well as you want to.. 'cause we've seen you do it before!

**major hugs**
Luv Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#250377 - 03/07/06 06:12 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Shell- You can do it! I need to get back on the wagon I haven't worked out at all, but to be honest- helping someone move can be great exercise as long as you make it so and don't just do the easy jobs...

You can do it! Good luck with the veins thing! I need to get back to working out because I felt better when I was. The eating is still mostly there, because Bill helps me stick to that part as he doesn't want to see me off the IBS diet and makes me tons of homemade stuff when I don't have time. but we put the gliders in his old office and his office moved to where my exercise equipment was at home.. and I have hardly worked out at all this winter! I need to start using the gym here at work more. I can't stay tonight but I think I will tomorrow! I am going ot have to start reporting what I'm eating and more importantly my exercise on this board myself again maybe that will encourage me to actually do it! And I think I'm going ot try fitday.com again too...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#250378 - 03/07/06 06:14 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Shelley, you ROCK. Look how far you've come! You're our inspiration! I know Shane thinks you're Wonder Woman ( and I was wondering for a while, too), but the truth is, we're all HUMAN. We make mistakes. So, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going. Here's a nice little phrase you can remind yourself of your goals:
Success comes from knowledge. Knowledge comes from failure.

So don't be afraid to mess up or go off track now and then. No one said this weight loss thing is easy. In fact, I think it's one of the most difficult things someone could ever do. So accept the fact that there's going to be bends in the road. Get through them as best you can and KEEP GOING!
Love ya bunches, babe!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#250416 - 03/07/06 08:33 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Big hugs, Shelley!

I know you feel blah right now, but I also know that you have an incredible will power that I can only dream of coming close to having. I'm going to send you an email in a couple of minutes, but just wanted to send you a quick post of encouragement.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#250435 - 03/07/06 09:15 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Shell, I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said. But it's true: You are an inspiration (and you know it )! So, don't get down on yourself! This is just a blip but it will pass. Even though your grandma is moving and it will be affecting your weekend gym time, you're still being active. Moving and packing count as exercise too, don't they?

You sound really busy right now, but you're still making time to go the gym five days a week. That's excellent! Okay, maybe you're not making the best choices in what you're eating, but that's something that you can easily change. Could you prepare your meals ahead of time so you don't have to depend on processed, unhealthy meals? Or, if you don't have time for that, could you stock up on pre-sliced veggies, that yummy Emerald Valley hummus, soy yogurts, fruit cups, baked chips and salsa...

I''ll be expecting to see your update on Monday, but may I ask why wait until Monday to start posting your daily meals and activity level? It sounds like you want to start making changes NOW, so why wait?

#250737 - 03/08/06 08:33 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thank you Kate.... I will try to start reporting on Monday.... I don't have a lot of spare time this week.... I'm the only one in the office, I have an audit starting in 30 mins and then I have to get the tax crap ready for the CPA. My evenings are just too busy with the gym, dinner, packing lunches....it would be nice to spend some time with Shane too... we only have about 30 mins as it is.... but we are also doing the hypno cd's before bed together too.

Adjusting to a smaller body? I've NEVER had one.... so maybe that is part of my problem.....I just can't SEE IT yet?

I made it to the gym 20 mins early on Tues.... I'm so excited...I jumped on the elliptical and busted a move...I felt SO MUCH BETTER.... then took the body scupting class (weights) I did really good....I was really focused.

Quote:

Shell, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE. You have come so far. It sounds like it is time to renew your commitment to your quest. It's time to put yourself first! Can you afford a few minutes to journal everyday & get your body, mind, & spirit aligned? Can you write those affirmations down, positively? (Oh dear, I'm sounding like "Stuart Smalley.")

I know some people have a hard time to mentally adjusting to a smaller body, to being a smaller person. I'm not sure if that's an issue with you.

It's time to write the script, to walk the walk, to run the run. It's time to DO, to BE that smaller & stronger & faster & healthier YOU.

It's about practice. So...decide & show yourself that you are worth a few moments of preparation. You know you are.
You know you can do it.

It's time to write another chapter in the Shell Marr Weight Loss journey. How can you inspire yourself? Who inspires you?

It's about commitment.

Kate.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Arriving at the future smaller YOU new
      #250765 - 03/08/06 10:56 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Shell, physically you're in the process of transformation--metamorphosis. Everyday you are closer at arriving at a physically more compact, stronger, healthier, smaller YOU. Isn't this exciting. Close your eyes & breathe deeply...what is she wearing? How does she feel? What kind of perfume is she wearing? What is she having for breakfast, lunch, dinner? Maybe she has some ready-to-go meals/snacks because she is a very busy woman!!! How fast can she run? What kind of shoes is she wearing? Maybe she has a different hairstyle? What kind of inspirational reading is on her coffee table? Maybe she's sitting on a different sofa? How do her legs feel?

Okay, I'm being goofy...but why delay it? It's time. Know that you are her & it's just a question of the technicality of time.

All my support & encouragement,
Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4070

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review