All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
How did everyone do over the weekend?
      #248884 - 02/27/06 09:47 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I think I did pretty well! I did 1.5 miles on the ellitpcal Thursday, stretched Friday for a hour total. I did 2 miles on the ellitpcal Saturday, stretch for about 45 minutes Sunday and went to physcial therapy this morning. I'm hoping to do at least 2 miles again tomorrow.

I ate fairly well until yesterday. My mom, stepdad and Gradma came over and we had lasange, bread, salad and cookies and carmal, pecan pie!! But hey, you've got to splurge once in a while, right?

I haven't weighted myself yet but I'm gearing up for that time of the month towards the end of the week and thats always good for some water weight! So, I thought I'd wait until the weekend to weight myself!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How did everyone do over the weekend? new
      #248894 - 02/27/06 10:15 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i'm doing pretty well. haven't been counting or even food diary-ing for a little while - work and things with my theatre company are just *insane*. but i weighed myself yesterday, and i'm down a few pounds, back to my previous low. so that's good. and i've been eating lots of veggies - i've realized that i can handle way more IF that i'd thought, so that's exciting. had a salad the other night. good not to be scared of vegetables any more. and i'm trying to still fit in the gym - it'd going to be tough for the next month, at least. but walking plenty. (and still lurking here even when i don't post!) hope everyone's good.

love,
jaime

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#248949 - 02/27/06 01:43 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Actually, I did pretty well. I didn't buy any potential seriously "acid fiber bombs" (i.e. vegetables) on my weekly grocery trip--I resisted putting intimitading green things in my cart. I guess this was my weekend challenge--to be realistic/smart, jokingly "suspiscious" of vegetables/fruits when I did the grocery trip.

Less fiber is better for me, I think--at least at the moment.

Kate.

Re: Wind - question new
      #248959 - 02/27/06 02:02 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

What are you replacing the "acid fiber bombs" with? Are you switching to more refined foods or vegetables that are mostly SF? Just curious!

#248978 - 02/27/06 03:27 PM
Wind

No, I'm not switching to more refined foods. I'm actually eating more lean & safe protein, now, than before. So, that energizes & satiates me. (Protein takes a long time to digest!) There are a few veggies I consider safe in much smaller quantities--babyfood spinach , babyfood swiss chard, & mushroom crumbles. I'm actually okay with a liitle lettuce. I tend to consume more fatfree & lactose free dairy (i.e. in a latte), now. I take both Lactaid, if required & Immodium most days as a precaution. I might consume some organic nonfat yogurt as well. Note: I am on a high calcium diet due to osteopenia and cannot consume soy milk & am under MD's order's to eat lots of calcium.

I think I'm more or less recovered from the last D attack, now. I am being ULTRA careful with fiberous things & fat. I find if I eat more than 15g of fiber in a day, I am HIGHLY
ATTACK VULNERABLE.

I'm taking more anti-convulsant meds. and cannot stomach as much foods, but I think I found out half of the issue with feeling unwell--I had horrible indigestion/nausea and puked a few days ago--WHOLE PILLS came out. I've also seen them undigested in my stools! Yes, actual pills! So, now I am dissolving them and experience less symptoms. Weird! So, I crush them to powder form.

Refined foods are not an option for me.

Kate.

#248997 - 02/27/06 04:40 PM
lalala

Quote:

No, I'm not switching to more refined foods. I didn't think you were, but that's what I did for a while. Maybe not the healthiest choice, but when you need a break from the constant D and weight loss, you do what you gotta do! This works for me! I'm actually eating more lean & safe protein, now, than before. So, that energizes & satiates me. Excellent that you're having more energy!

I tend to consume more fatfree & lactose free dairy (i.e. in a latte), now. I take both Lactaid, if required & Immodium most days as a precaution. I might consume some organic nonfat yogurt as well. Note: I am on a high calcium diet due to osteopenia and cannot consume soy milk & am under MD's order's to eat lots of calcium. I know you need to get your calcium. Mmm, I would love some real yogurt right now.

I'm taking more anti-convulsant meds. and cannot stomach as much foods, but I think I found out half of the issue with feeling unwell--I had horrible indigestion/nausea and puked a few days ago--WHOLE PILLS came out. I've also seen them undigested in my stools! Yes, actual pills! Yikes!

So, now I am dissolving them and experience less symptoms. Weird! So, I crush them to powder form. Good idea. So do you think now that you're absorbing more of the pills, you might get to reduce the amount you're now taking?

Refined foods are not an option for me.

Kate.

Kate, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question! I just like to be clear on what my friends are doing to feel better.

Edited by Maria! Maria! (02/27/06 04:59 PM)

Oh, & ONE MORE REALLY REALLY GOOD THING!!! new
      #249152 - 02/28/06 12:26 PM
Wind

It has been 11 weeks since I've smoked a cigarette.

(And no more FLAMING D! It was so not funny how I'd spark up a smoke & not be able to finish it before having to dash! Also, significantly less/diminished cramping & GAS-ATTACKS due to this lifestyle change. I had to take so much pepto-bismal while in the company of my father this weekend while he smoked in a small self-contained area. It triggered memories of childhood road trips. It's funny--if I know I'm going to be around him while he's sucking all the air out of the room, I even take Pepto & Immodium in advanced because it makes me feel so SICK. He says he's quitting at midnight. It's his "Lenten" challenge. I have invited him for dinner & to give him a gift--Nicoderms.)

Okay, enough blabbing. I am proud of my non-smoking LIFESTYLE change, a GOOD habit I cultivate everyday.

Kate.

Re: Oh, & ONE MORE REALLY REALLY GOOD THING!!! new
      #249189 - 02/28/06 02:38 PM
lalala

You're doing great, Kate! You definitely should be proud of yourself. 11 weeks?! Whooo!

Lol! You reminded me of something. Every year at Lent I ask my dad what he's giving up. "Smoking," he says, even though he hasn't smoked in more than ten years! I guess that shows how difficult giving up smoking is - he has to re-commit to this "sacrifice" every year.

Happy dances!!! new
      #249502 - 03/01/06 01:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Way to go on 11 weeks Kate! That's sooo super! *hugs*

Sarala (Ruchie)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#249505 - 03/01/06 01:22 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You are such an inspiration! Pain and all...you're still at it exercising! You're TRULY my hero Michele *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4231

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review