All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 2/21/06
      #247594 - 02/21/06 10:30 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 2/21 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/21/06 new
      #247694 - 02/21/06 05:01 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

1/4c (dry) quinoa flakes

3/4 of each of (baby food)

-squash
-carrots
-rice/peas

1 brown rice cake w/ FF hummus

1/2 c egg whites + 1/4 C zuchinni

Feeling better now w/ more cals in the pm. Way too low earlier.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#247744 - 02/21/06 07:59 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It certainly is QUIET on this board. I suspect that everyone is at the gym, right?

I'm still following my own style of eating, but here's what I ate today:

2 really big UFO skinny cappuccinos (needed some foam, for some odd reason, today. normally I'm more of a latte type)
***I don't think they make a cup of coffee big enough for me. I need a cup the size of my boots***

egg whites

shrimp (really yummy--food processed/whipped with a couple hard boiled egg whites, fresh dill, a twist of lemon)

turkey & babyfood spinach

UFO sugarless gum

Kate.

#247760 - 02/22/06 05:17 AM
keke

Reged: 06/05/05

This is my first time to post so here it goes...

Yesterday I did a pilates dvd for upper arms and then did 20 min on the elliptical.

I have the diet and fitness software to help me track and I stayed in the negative for calories for the first time this week!

Kelly

#247794 - 02/22/06 08:13 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Not very good today, not much variety. I'm very nervous about Wednesday's dr appointment, so my appetite hasn't been that great. Did some stretches, push-ups, work w/ resistance bands and free weigh, but I wasn't able to do much because I've been really tired lately. Well, maybe I'll get some answers from my doc!

Luna Bar

Crispix w/ Rice Milk, 2 slices toast

turkey jerky, 1/2 flour tortilla, UFO chips

pureed babyfood papaya
chips and salsa

Luna Bar

chicken broth, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots

peppermint tea, 1 slice toast, dry Crispix

#247797 - 02/22/06 08:14 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

shrimp (really yummy--food processed/whipped with a couple hard boiled egg whites, fresh dill, a twist of lemon)

Mm, I love shrimp! I've never had it food processed but your whipped combo sounds interesting.

Maria, it was rather like pate! new
      #247816 - 02/22/06 09:59 AM
Wind

Next time, I'll add some chives or scallions. I know you'd love this with a tortilla, buritto style, maybe with an asparagus "cigarette" or some grated carrot, a slice of avocado. It was so creamy and custardy and just like pate or pudding. It could easily be wrapped in rice papers, too. I know it would be wonderful stuffed in portabellas. It was positively smooth, a savory pie filling, but SO VIRTUALLY FATFREE!

Actually, I kept thinking that a very small handful of fresh baby spinach would have been amazing, but my tummy just isn't in the mood for that these days, lol. It would have been awesome rolled in a big blanched chard leaf or a boston lettuce leaf, quasi-cabbage roll style, too.

Anyways, half the fun of eating is presentation.

I suppose it would make some decadent tea sandwiches.

I KNOW THIS WOULD BE AWESOME with albecore tuna or leftover grilled fish or crabmeat, etc. Mayo makes me ill, even the fatfree stuff. I might add a little dijon next time or thai chilli garlic sauce for bite.

Get better, Maria. AND KEEP EATING, hopefully something more than cereal.

Kate.

Maria new
      #247828 - 02/22/06 10:25 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I didn't realize your appointment was today. I hope it goes/went well.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

back, sort of... new
      #247856 - 02/22/06 11:30 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

My excuses... lots going on at home, work crazy,lots of visitors so no time to post but here's a summary:

I was very good towards end of last week and some of weekend til Saturday night when I had cocktails and then the hangover sent me to junkfood on Sunday

Monday I redeemed myself and walked to work and ate properly.

Weighed myself yesterday morning and wasn't happy so I ate ok until I had a can of coke with lunch because I was really tired and it sent me into a downward spiral foodwise that involved Chinese takeaway I had a bit of a "what's the point in being good if I'm not immediately the size that I want to be tantrum" too

Will post today later but let's just say chocolate was involved so it's very much a post of shame

--------------------
S.

It was cooked!
      #247958 - 02/22/06 06:11 PM
Wind

The shrimp was pre-cooked. I just defrosted it by cooking it in sea salted water--then drained it/rinsed it. Actually, it was cold when I used it. It was leftover from the day before.
Often, I have days where I cook something and then just feel like something different! Warped, I know--and totally childish and picky. I just removed all the tails to have them ready for something.

Shrimp are awesome. They are so fast and so delicate/fluffy. Rotf--babyfood shrimp. Egg whites are really neat adhesives for things and even flavour enhancers.
Actually, a lot of babyfood meat or veggie recipes use egg yolks, but that's not really a great thing for most IBS'ers.

Actually, even egg whites cooked as a big crepe or pancake are great for presentation/flavour.

I just could not get over how decadent it was.

I suppose (and I will try this in the future) that leftover baked/grilled/broiled shrimp with butter flavoured spray and
some sort of funky seasoning would be yummy this way.

Without the egg whites, the food processed shrimp are rather like confetti--really fluffy, like snowflakes.

Shrimp are a good thing! Fast. And so...satisfying. They are great on they're own. They compliment so many other things so well. And, THEY'RE LOW CALORIE.

Actually, the fluffy shrimp would be a topping for a lot of things. Spaghetti squash comes to mind. An egg white frittata? Definitely a souffle!

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 734 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3250

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review