All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/26/06
      #241733 - 01/26/06 09:08 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/26 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/26/06 new
      #241769 - 01/26/06 11:17 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Ok, so I've never done this before, but I've been looking around & thought maybe I'd give it a go....

Breakfast:
2 pc. of Eziekel toast w/ 100% simplt fruit spread-(strawberry)
Applesauce w/ milled flaxseed

Snacks
Green Tea w/ mint-(usually have Heather's peppermint, or fennel)
1 apple w/out skin

Nature Valley cruchy granola bar-Oats & Honey
Grapes

Grape nut flakes w/ dried cranberries (nasea afterword )

Fennel crackers

Lunch:
Chicken breast sandwich w/ light mayo, lettuce & tomato on white bun
Pineapple
Pretzels

Dinner:
I'll prboably have pasta w/ some veggies

I've drunk 3 bottles so far today, hopefully will get to 6 by days end.(Average 100-120 oz./day)

Excersize: light workout in the morning,
Light workout in the afternoon &
tredmill 20 min., weights 10 min.

Note: if you see anything that looks not so IBS safe, please let me know as I am new to this! Thanx

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#241908 - 01/26/06 05:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Exercise: 40 min bike 10 miles
Ate:
chex and 5 fibercon as I am out of acacia
2 bananas, pear, orange
2 pastry twists
small turkey sandwich
carrots
1 cookie
oatmeal with raisins
might have a little something and total will be around 1700.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#241927 - 01/26/06 07:13 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well, Gravol, Pepto. & flat gingerale got rid of the nausea, however (and it's my own fault), I did have lots of D attacks, but 3 Immodiums later I'm back to "normal." I think my salad habit might be catching up with me.

turkey breast
green beans

more green beans
field greens
portabella & button mushrooms (I probably ate a cup of buttons raw. Atomic Rose reminded me recently in her description of her big ol' salads of how yummy raw buttons are!)
dijon, fine herbs, balsalmic, red onion

turkey breast
rocket (arugula)
alfalfa
roasted red pepper (peeled)(so so so good!)

two bowls of a simple homemade veg. soup with roasted garlic, ginger, kelp

MAYBE another nibble of turkey breast (okay, so I really like turkey boobs! and I really love a good dijon! I know I could use a few more calories)

Kate.

#241938 - 01/26/06 08:42 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

bagel (1/2 at 8am, 1/2 at 11)

peanut butter & honey sandwich
2 small cookies

luna bar

2 wheat crackers
soy yogurt

big dinner at my friend's house: lots of thai food, fruit, cookies, cake...

probably partially emotional, but just a ridiculous social binge - i wasn't counting at all, but it was at least three cookies (chocolate chip & oatmeal), a couple of bites of chocolate cake, and at least one whole piece of cheesecake. yes. cheesecake. at the start of dinner i took an immodium, because the thai food itself was iffy (in terms of safety), but then i just kept going. i mean, cheesecake?!?! dairy??? i feel okay now, though tomorrow morning might be sketchy. i can't tell how much was just plain ole social binging, just there being cheesecake and me feeling reckless... i also had a glass of white wine, so there was lowered self-control, too. being with friends got me feeling better, so i don't think the whole night's eating was emotional... there's no sorting it out. i ate a ridiculous amount tonight, ridiculously not safe, and that's that and tomorrow's another day.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/26/06 (Shell's Weigh In Day) new
      #241965 - 01/26/06 10:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 848 calories (15 minutes cardio, 50 mintues with Personal Trainer Heather then went to the regular gym that I go to and worked out WITH Heather (we spotted each other) we did 30 minutes of arms ...I'm gonna HURT!! lol But it felt sooo great!!) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2201 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories NEW FLAVOR Carmel Nut Browine Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Unflavored Egg White Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Snack: 200 calories 6oz cup Silk Soy Peach Yogurt w/ Jay Robb Unflavored Egg White Protein Powder mixed in & Water

Lunch: 381 calories 2oz Unsweetened Applesauce (I ate this 1st) 6oz Tuna Low Sodium White Albacore mixed w/Light Mayo, 1/2 peeled and chopped Granny Smith Apple, Teaspoon Lemon Juice, 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 cup Mandarin Oranges & Water

Before Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

At Gym: 13 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 361 calories Stir Fry of 5oz Ground Lean Turkey, 1 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/2 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 15 Crimni Mushrooms Crumbled , 1-1/2 cups chopped no salt added canned green beans, 2 Tablespoon NEW Mrs Dash - Mesquite Grille 10 Minute Marinade (no salt), 1 Tablespoon chopped peppers (yellow, red, & green) & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 64 oz

Total of 1588 ......in my food budget

And for those of you following my weight loss (gain/loss) ..........

Drum Roll........
I'VE GAINED TWO POUNDS THIS WEEK ....LEAVING 9 POUNDS TO GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS IN SEPT/OCT 2005.

(So that is still a total of 75 lost since May 28, 2004 )

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#241969 - 01/26/06 11:19 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Jaimi,

I can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing...social functions are so tough! Especially when it's a special event...I am a huge pie person, and I indulged a bit too much in some very unsafe, very rich pumpkin pie (made with concentated milk, cream, butter, etc.) over the holidays, and surprisingly, I lived to tell about it, and didn't even really get that bad of a reaction from it.
Just don't beat yourself up, because it's so hard to just eat only "safe" things all the time. "Normal" people overeat occasionally, or eat foods that are bad for them, or that upset their stomach...and it's totally ok.
Take care, and be gentle and kind with yourself! You are doing wonderfully!

--------------------
Julia

#241970 - 01/26/06 11:26 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

I'm feeling a lot less pain today, but I am still super bloated and gassy...I started taking some ginger capsules today, in addition to my SFS, digestive enzymes, and triphala, and they seem to be making some kind of difference...we'll see what happens.

*extra small banana, shredded oats, soymilk, tea

*avocado, goat cheese and spring greens on sourdough (a little high in fat, but soooo good), soy crisps

*teriaki tofu stirfry with zucchini, snowpeas, and mushrooms over quinoa, with crystallized ginger candy for dessert

Hmmm, probably could have eaten a few more calories, but I just feel too bloated right now.

Take care, guys!

--------------------
Julia

#241973 - 01/27/06 02:37 AM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

2 bowls apple cinnamon oatmeal
1 bowl maple and brown sugar oatmeal
raisns

Went to school today, but my science class was canceled (WhooHoo!!!)

However... Aaron and I finally broke up today after 2 yrs...

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

jaime & Julia, I'm guilty of it too! new
      #242082 - 01/27/06 10:45 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Indeed, I'm guilty of it to the point where it's embarrassing!
(Actually, I don't think it's something one should feel guilty about, but there's a certain "omigod" feeling attached to it.
I always feel like an oinker!) Wherever I'm invited, THEY ACTUALLY make/offer/order extra stuff of what I like, right down to my secret bad for IBS-beverages!

I'm the one that will eat nearly all the raw veggies (mostly without the dip). I'm the one that will seriously have 3 plates full of salad. Honestly, my grandmother will steam asparagus or broccoli or fresh baby spinach from her garden JUST FOR ME ALONE. She'll give me a beastly bowl of spring mix or a whole head of lettuce. There will be a plate full of carrots & celery sticks, raw mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, radishes, cauliflower, peppers, olives, cucumbers, pickles, ususally some very unsafe dips (you know, that really yummy artichoke one, or the spinach one, but hummus & babaganush, too). It's actually quite funny. I'm the one who will eat all the strawberries or cherries (definitely pop an Immodium with those cherries). And yes, I've even eaten the last brussels sprout.

Thank G*d for Beano & enzymes otherwise--

And I literally feel like a pig or a cow because I mostly eat what they eat. So...moo! Oink!

It's a really bad thing, though, if I get into the cheese--trust me, Lactaid enzymes don't really work.

(I don't feel too bad about it anymore, but I have a reputation!)

(It's that 4 in the morning or monsterous attack the next afternoon that's more "fun" to balance out!)

Kate.

Edited by Wind (01/27/06 10:48 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6808

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review