All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
thanks kate & julia new
      #242129 - 01/27/06 12:42 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

the weird thing (or maybe not weird) is that i didn't feel guilty afterwards. it was more a sense of 'whoa, what was that?' and with the ibs-unsafeness, i guess the pre-meal immodium helped, because i've been fine all day. it was just a weird binge, because i usually am aware of where things like that come from - tiredness, stress, emotions, or just a conscious 'i'm going to relax and celebrate and let myself eat whatever tonight.' but this was just... not out of nowhere, because almost any of that could have been at play. i just had, and still have, no idea what it actually was.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Kiwi new
      #244479 - 02/06/06 01:20 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I don't think the Ekeziel bread is a safe choice to have first thing in the morning. Shouldn't we be doing more SF first thing?

Also, I don't think the granola bar would be enough SF for the grapes. Same with the Grape Nuts and cranberries. They are both IF...so you're missing the SF piece of the meal/snack.

Just some thoughts, since you asked!

Also, have you tried eating the apple with the skin? Since you are a C, it might help..unless you've already tried it and it isn't tolerable.

Does the Ekekiel bread help your C? Also, how much flax do you take? I'm interested in trying more of that!

Where do you find Fennel crackers? How yummy!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Kiwi new
      #244482 - 02/06/06 01:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I don't think the Ekeziel bread is a safe choice to have first thing in the morning. Shouldn't we be doing more SF first thing? I'm not Kiwi...but her breakfast was just fine as she did have applesauce which is SF.

Also, I don't think the granola bar would be enough SF for the grapes. Same with the Grape Nuts and cranberries. They are both IF...so you're missing the SF piece of the meal/snack. good catch here Beth... I agree

Just some thoughts, since you asked!

Also, have you tried eating the apple with the skin? Since you are a C, it might help..unless you've already tried it and it isn't tolerable. I'm also "C" and I would personally say stick to no skin and chop or chew the rest of the apple well.

Does the Ekekiel bread help your C? Also, how much flax do you take? I'm interested in trying more of that!

Where do you find Fennel crackers? How yummy!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

So.... new
      #244544 - 02/06/06 06:53 PM
Augie

one serving of applesauce is enough SF for the two pieces of Ezekiel bread and the flax?

Maybe I should start peeling my apples all the way. I was doing 1/2 peeled and 1/2 unpeeled. Heather suggested this to me.

This is confusing Shell. I just don't get why I can't get this diet!

Thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth

this probably makes things more confusing... new
      #244551 - 02/06/06 07:52 PM
jaime g

but it's just more proof that everyone's different and needs to tweak the diet to their own body - i'm an A, and i eat apples with peel. but, oddly enough, i can't do this with all apples - granny smiths and red delicious upset my stomach.

i know it's frustrating - the diet's a great, amazing guide, but you need to tailor it to your own reactions. if the half-peeled apple's working for you, stick with it.

--------------------
jaime

To peel or not to peel? new
      #244747 - 02/07/06 12:09 PM
Augie

That seems to be the question with these darn apples!

Casey is an A too, leaning toward D and she doesn't peel her apples either. This IBS is baffling.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: To peel or not to peel? new
      #244754 - 02/07/06 12:19 PM
jaime g

casey's super-okay with IF. i'm also on the more tolerant end of things. it's really just something you have to try for yourself. first i had cooked apples w/ skin, then a raw apple with half of its skin, and then, when none of those bothered me, tried a whole apple. trial and error, and patience. wish there were an easier way.

--------------------
jaime

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6855

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review