All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
teen with problems
      #240452 - 01/21/06 12:37 PM
.kait.

Reged: 01/21/06

When I was around 14 year old, I finally figured out what was wrong with me. Now a long two and a half years later I have probably four problems all compiling on top of each other. I have endometriosis, IBS, GERD, and stress/depressing. My struggles seem to even out, then they return and hit HARD! Recently, I start new meds for my endometriosis problems, which seemed to trigger my IBS and GERD problems. The first year I had IBS, and didn't know it, I lost probably 30 pounds. Since then, I have not gained it all bad, but haven't lost any either. My body is a tall, thin boned; 5'11" and I weight maybe 150 pounds. The reason I don't know my weight is because when I do know it exact, I put too much stress upon myself to loose weight. I struggled with eating problems because of the pressures of the world and my self. Now, I am always looking into health site and tips to better my health. Even when I eat healthy, my weight doesn't come off, so it gets hard for me to keep trying. I was wondering if some one could help me figure out how to best figure out how many calories I need to eat, how best to exercises with my busy high school schedule along with night college classes. I best loose weight when I am told a certain amount that I should eat. I LOVE to bake and cook, so there is no problem with experimenting, but during the week I need quick meals that are no brain. My family does not like experimenting so much, so I need to have a one person plan. Right now, I am more on the vegetarian side because I just don't like meat. It tastes horrible to me and I mostly gag when eating it. The only reason I eat it on occasion is because my family does. When I move out, I will probably be a vegen. Now that I am a dual enrolled student, I have access to a gym for free and I want to utilize that opportunity. I have a CRAMBED schedule and need help planning out food and exercises for the day. My last notes: I have a rice cooker, I NEED to be cheap and be able to find anything in a common grocery store, and help on vitamins and supplements would be great too. Any available insight will be appreciated!

God Bless!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: teen with problems new
      #240456 - 01/21/06 01:35 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Firstly, based on your height YOU ARE NOT FAT/OVERWEIGHT!!!

It sounds like working out, building muscle tone, "downloading" stress via exercise, some cardio is your best bet. Also, I would recommend logging your food, becoming portion aware/mindful/conscious & basically taking control of your menu. www.fitday.com is a great site to calculate calories, etc. It's free, too!

If you want to be vegan, take control of your menu & make sure that there's time for prep. It's actually very cheap to be vegan & eat healthfully. Vegan food doesn't take much time to prepare as well. Make sure to include some sound protein choices (soy, tofu, beans/legumes, nuts, seeds, vegetables) with your grains & you'll be glowing with energy. And, let leftovers be your best friend! What's stopping you, today?

Kate.

#240459 - 01/21/06 02:00 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

hi kait. welcome. i agree with what kate (wind) said - even with a delicate frame, you're not overweight. in that case, it's probably best to focus on health, rather than weight - getting exercise because it's good for your body, and working to eat well and healthfully. with ibs (i can't speak to the dietary implications of the other conditions) you'll need to modify conventional wisdom about healthy eating - straight whole grains & fresh fruits and vegetables would hurt your system too much. but there are plenty of folks here working to eat healthfully, and many of us are vegan or vegetarian. i can't lay out a diet for you, and wouldn't want to, but there's a group of very smart, very helpful, very good people on these boards, and hopefully you'll find answers to your questions, and support. welcome.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#241265 - 01/24/06 04:27 PM
.kait.

Reged: 01/21/06

I have taken a more control of what I am eating. And bvegen life, here I come. My meals are going better. If anyone has meal ideas for two people, so I can take the left overs in my lunch, that would be great.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review